IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Note the key word "English"
If you can't be understood down in Texas, it ain't English, mate!

:-P

Ben
"... I couldn't see how anyone could be educated by this self-propagating system in which people pass exams, teach others to pass exams, but nobody knows anything."
--Richard Feynman
New Why? Why not the other way around?
Seems just as reasonable to me to say that if some dumb Texan doesn't understand Indian English, then it's the *Texan* who is at fault; then he doesn't really understand English.

Seems you only have to be half American to make that annoying assumption that America is the measure of all things.
   Christian R. Conrad
Of course, who am I to point fingers? I'm in the "Information Technology" business, prima facia evidence that there's bats in the bell tower.
-- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=27764|Andrew Grygus]
New You missed half the point
Texans are infamous for believing that the center of the world must be in the USA because the USA contains Texas. That is, Texan arrogance is to US arrogance what US arrogance is to the rest of the world.

They also have strong accents, and don't do too well at understanding Australians. :-)

IOW I wasn't just tweaking Wade.

Cheers,
Ben
"... I couldn't see how anyone could be educated by this self-propagating system in which people pass exams, teach others to pass exams, but nobody knows anything."
--Richard Feynman
New Ah, OK.
     License Plate: NO YNIN - (Another Scott) - (15)
         Huh? -NT - (kmself) - (13)
             No Whining (whinin') -NT - (folkert) - (12)
                 I'm *not* whinging... - (kmself) - (11)
                     OK... I took the hook.... - (folkert)
                     Is it... - (folkert) - (9)
                         OT. What *is* that pic? - (Silverlock) - (1)
                             Resistance is... - (folkert)
                         It is: "two nations separated by a common language" - (Ashton) - (6)
                             Only two? What planet do you think you're on? :-) - (static) - (5)
                                 Well... I was lumping it into: Members of the Raj and - (Ashton)
                                 Note the key word "English" - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                                     Why? Why not the other way around? - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                         You missed half the point - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                             Ah, OK. -NT - (CRConrad)
         L. Plate seen in CA circa 1978: 6UL DV8 -NT - (mmoffitt)

Minimal oversight is seen as more expensive and odious than frequent disaster.
120 ms