IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yes and no.
Daesh want to rule the world and have chosen a very old and blood-thirsty version of Islam in which to tangle this goal up in. You're acting like a lot of people I see who want Islam to Be Done Away With, which it has been argued is exactly what Daesh want the West to do because it then marginalises otherwise moderate Muslims and has a chance of making Daesh's radicalism attractive. Remember: One thing that pretty much everyone agrees on is that Daesh are remarkably savvy about social media and propaganda.

https://www.facebook.com/theprojecttv/videos/10153243154568441/

And for the record, Waleed Aly (dude in the above video) is a Muslim. And a very well educated one, too.

Wade.
New Excellent! Thanks very much for the pointer.
New Very good!
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Gracias, Wade
Especially germane to the millions of dis-USA-ians who would never follow up the link :-/
(Unless Faux News had the balls to put it up; unpossible as it counters the Ć’eare, that commodity which is their entire raison d'etre.)

Oz doubtless has its similar nexus of the fear-mongers-and-consumers of that, but I surmise that the %population is nothing like our Numbah One!!! plurality od scaredy cats.

Ah well.. Wasn't Murdoch spawned on your inverted-Sceptered Isle? Oz was the locus too, in On the Beach for the going-Out-via Race-car mishap scheme of full-scale seppuku.
May real-liff not echo this--now hoary--'Tocsin'/alarm bell, Shute penned it in '57

..and a half century later, the world's vox populi is now procrastinating upon its perhaps Final non-Decision about ... whether or not? the saving of the planetary ecosystem is a better choice
..than just continuing the consumption which further enriches the 1:1000 greed-crazed current Rulers.

Keep hiring commentators like this one, eh :^>
New Waleed Aly is a very smart guy.
He has been writing opinion pieces for a couple of years now that have always been thought-provoking and well received. He's doing a good job doing that on The Project because it's on a commercial TV network aimed at largely young adults - exactly the demographic for changing the world.

I currently prefer the investigative approach of The Feed, which is on a much smaller network, but now I'm wondering if I should be watching The Project more.

Wade.
     Not a word here on Paris . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (40)
         It's not the religion. - (static) - (31)
             What religion has ever been anything but a political movement? -NT - (mmoffitt)
             Oh no, it's not Islam, not at all! - (Andrew Grygus) - (29)
                 kurds are not followers of islam? News to me -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                     "Compared to the Unbeliever, the Kurd is a Muslim" - (Andrew Grygus)
                 It may not be. - (mmoffitt)
                 It's not religion. - (Another Scott) - (18)
                     You guys are talking like Daesh . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (15)
                         Daesh is in the news. - (Another Scott) - (14)
                             That's whataboutery. - (pwhysall) - (13)
                                 Good counterpoint. But... - (Another Scott) - (10)
                                     It is about us . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                                     EXACTLY - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                         Re: EXACTLY - (Another Scott)
                                     What are we going to do about it? - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                         Kinda sorta like... - (Another Scott)
                                         And, one very important point. - (Andrew Grygus)
                                     The turks don't seem to agree with you - (crazy) - (1)
                                         Too many football fans are jerks. Film at 11. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                     Hey! I gave up the Battle Flag, they can give up Islam. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                     You think wrong. - (CRConrad)
                                 whataboutery, so you believe the earth is only 6 thousand years old? -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                     Eh? - (pwhysall)
                     My amateur analysis - (drook) - (1)
                         That is an opinion I've also stated on this site. - (Andrew Grygus)
                 the meat of the matter - (rcareaga) - (1)
                     Talk about a broad brush! - (Andrew Grygus)
                 Yes and no. - (static) - (4)
                     Excellent! Thanks very much for the pointer. -NT - (Another Scott)
                     Very good! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                     Gracias, Wade - (Ashton) - (1)
                         Waleed Aly is a very smart guy. - (static)
         Personally, ... - (Another Scott)
         So, I suppose all those Muslims drowning in the Med trying to get to Europe... - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
             There is actually a significant homegrown component - (scoenye) - (3)
                 Yep, Europeans are clanish and integration of immigrants is a problem. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                     Problem is, discrimination is protected - (scoenye) - (1)
                         :-( Thanks for the post. -NT - (Another Scott)
         not really muslims have been bombing paris since 1956 and france used to run syria - (boxley) - (1)
             France and Islam and recent history - (rcareaga)

A marvelous break-through in purest Digital-Think.
119 ms