IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New My oldest daughter learned the word "Myze" at day care.
She was four. She meant, "Mine", of course. I'd intentionally never used that word around her (nor did my wife). Even when she fed the VCR a peanut butter sandwich because she thought it was hungry, I didn't say in All American vernacular, "Don't ever do that! That is Daddy's and you should not touch it!" Instead, I had her watch as I took the cover off, showed the components to her as I cleaned them and explained that no one in the family could enjoy the VCR if she did that again.

For years I've had this argument with people. Anyone who has ever been around a one year old with a toy ball knows that humans are born with a compulsion to share. The baby holds the ball, hands it to you, you hand it back, and so on for literally hours. The pro-Capitalist almost always retorted, "Yes, they give you the ball, but then they want it back!" My standard reply was, "Yes, they want it back because they want you to demonstrate you understand the importance of sharing as well." But sharing is an anathema to a Capitalist society, so we very early on teach our children the words, "Mine", "Daddy's", "Mommy's", "Yours", etc. Ownership is everything to us and teaching them those words sows the first seeds of greed - upon which our entire culture is based.
New Hey, not only is it mine, it's bigger! :)
But, be serious. When it comes to the body, it's important for kids to know what is mine and shouldn't be shared. Especially with a priest.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Yeah, yeah, I was talking about inanimate objects. ;0)
New Depends on the kid to a large extent as well
My eldest is a bit of a narcissist, my youngest will share everything unprompted at the jaded age of 12 (hey, do you want some of my candy/cookie/whatever). They were both raised the same.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
     Generosity in children, as ƒ(religious training) - (Ashton) - (6)
         It was a little bit simple. - (static) - (1)
             Re: It was a little bit simple. - (Ashton)
         My oldest daughter learned the word "Myze" at day care. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
             Hey, not only is it mine, it's bigger! :) - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                 Yeah, yeah, I was talking about inanimate objects. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt)
             Depends on the kid to a large extent as well - (malraux)

No. Just no. Not a potential no, a solid diamond-hard no. Like, seriously Chuck Norris testicles-hard no.
39 ms