IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I agree it's not an easy issue.
But, this sounds idiotic to me.
ACLU lawyer John Knight said the complaint against the school district was filed two years ago, noting the student then had to dress for gym in a restroom. Knight said that when in the girl's locker room, his client is required to use a privacy curtain, which is not required for other girls and shames her.

Knight contends the district's position stems not from any issues raised by other students, but from "speculation" by the district's administration. He added that District 211's insistence on separating the student from other girls "is blatant discrimination."

"Rather than approaching this issue with sensitivity and dignity, the district has attempted to justify its conduct by challenging my client's identity as a girl," he said.

Cates contended that the "students in our schools are teenagers, not adults, and one's gender is not the same as one's anatomy."

http://abc13.com/education/school-given-30-days-to-allow-transgender-student-locker-room-use/1066056/
So, the school district allowed the student to use the girl's locker room, but installed privacy curtains for him-her to use when disrobing and any other girl to use if they so chose. But, this was a violation of civil rights? It "shamed" the student because the one student with a penis had to disrobe behind a curtain, notwithstanding the fact that at least some of the rest of the girls (sans penis, naturally) used those privacy curtains as well? Aside: I'm kind of surprised the girl's locker room didn't already have privacy curtains - my high school did some 40 years ago.

Finally, just so I'm clear, the sex of an individual cannot be determined by observing the sex organs of the individual nor their chromosomal pairing? If that's where we are, I need to stop by the store on the way home and pick up a case of Brawndo.
New stop by the store, sex is brain not body parts
you can kill people for America at age 18 but need to be 21 to buy a beer
New Bzzzt. It's chromosomal.
New Bzzzt yourself: "Sex" may be chromosomal, but "gender" is in the brain.
If I've understood reccurrent usage correctly.

Come the fuck on, get with the times: This stuff originates from the USA, so how come you're so much less up-to-date than a furriner like me?

Try not to be so much of a caricature of a Bible-thumping fundamentalist (AKA Taliban of the Western World).
--
Christian R. Conrad
Same old username (as above), but now on iki.fi

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)
New Bible thumping?
Now that Chris Hitchens is dead, you'd be hard pressed to find a more anti-religionist than moi. I seriously do not know what you're arguing about with me. Bill writes, "sex is brain not body parts" and I respond "sex is chromosomal" to which you respond with "stop being a bible thumper, sex may be chromosomal." Whatsamatta, ferriners have trouble holding a thought?
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
     if this meme catches on - (rcareaga) - (22)
         the distain you hold those folks in is criminal - (boxley)
         This is why people on the right think people on the left are soft in the head -NT - (gcareaga) - (19)
             and furthermore - (rcareaga)
             As does this. - (mmoffitt) - (17)
                 "Why didn't I think of this when I was in high school?" - (rcareaga) - (13)
                     Serious question. - (mmoffitt) - (12)
                         Re: Serious question. - (rcareaga) - (11)
                             Things have change in the years since we attended highschool - (boxley) - (2)
                                 and therein hangs a tale, or a tail, no doubt - (rcareaga) - (1)
                                     only place to get some privacy -NT - (boxley)
                             The converse case - (gcareaga) - (2)
                                 Or a locker room full of XY boys and an XY girl - (drook) - (1)
                                     "an XY girl" *BOGGLE* -NT - (mmoffitt)
                             I agree it's not an easy issue. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                 stop by the store, sex is brain not body parts -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                                     Bzzzt. It's chromosomal. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                         Bzzzt yourself: "Sex" may be chromosomal, but "gender" is in the brain. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                             Bible thumping? - (mmoffitt)
                 Really? - (Another Scott) - (2)
                     Where do you buy your Brawndo? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                         Same place I get my burrito coverings. -NT - (Another Scott)
         I no words. :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)

Like, HEL-LOO... Anyone at home behind that beard???
57 ms