I feel like Johnny Hemp Seed or something.

I lived in Colorado for the whole 90's. Legal. Moved to Washington for Amazon.com. Legal there now too.

I live in San Diego now. Its only a matter of time. Everybody I know either has a med card or gets hits at parties off a friend with a med card's vape pen gizmo thingy (not a lot of smoking happens anymore - stuff has gone upscale).

Anyhow, prohibition never works - it only makes criminals. Alcohol got us Capone and the mob. Pot got us the Mexican cartel. Coke funded the Columbians. Opium funds terrorists.

Addiction is cheaper to treat through education and medicine than fighting organized crime and - here's the ugly truth - people wanna get high. With a beer watching a game, a coffee to pick up the morning, a smoke after a meal, a vape before bed, a couple oxy-somethings on a lazy weekend.

And lastly...I had surgery in Feb (triple hernia repair). The surgeon shorted me on pain meds (which had to be filled before surgery using a hand written script - no calling in opiates anymore). Its hard to get a pain killer. His solution was to admit me for a day and a half and put me on morphine because he wasn't scrutinized for in-patient pain treatment. Doctors don't want to give you pain meds because they are afraid of going over their allotment and coming under scrutiny. You can't get em even when you need em.

That sucks. I think once you turn 50 you ought to get two vicodin a month. Four at 55...etc. Because this gettin old thing hurts.