IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Will Code Red affect my workstation?
I do have a machine running Win2k (I know, yuck, but I record music on it and Sonar don't run on OS/2 or Linux) and I was wondering how susceptible it is to the Code Red virus.

I'm not technical enough to know if it's threatened. From what I've heard, it mainly affects the IIS web servers, but they always throw in Win2k when they're talking about Code Red.

My server (the only gateway the winbox has to my cable modem) is a Linux server running a firewall, and uses a 2-NIC setup -- one to the cable modem, one to the rest of the network. All the Mandrake patches on the server are up to date AFAIK... and I'm not running any ftp or telnet servers or anything like that.

And that's really all I know.

"We are all born originals -- why is it so many of us die copies?"
- Edward Young
New Well...
IIS isn't installed on my W2k workstation (I'm pretty sure)...but it appears you have a box in between acting as your web server....and that is a Linux machine. If that's the case...you are safe. You"re gonna get logs full of requests for the file default.ida with data attached to try for the overrun.

I'm averaging just about 1 attempt per minute over the past 36 hours.
Um...er...well...

I have no choice!

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New The quick check....
Open a browser and enter http:/127.0.0.1
If you don't get a web site, you're safe.

Regards,
Hugh
New Not your workstation, but...
For most of yesterday and most of today, I couldn't get my Ubersoft fix because of things that happened to a proxy. Not yours, but it still stood between you and your audience.
White guys in suits know best
- Pat McCurdy
     Will Code Red affect my workstation? - (cwbrenn) - (3)
         Well... - (bepatient)
         The quick check.... - (hnick)
         Not your workstation, but... - (mhuber)

Didja ever take and try to give an iron-clad leave to yourself from a three-rail billiard shot?
47 ms