1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Boehner resigning from Congress
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New I'd be happier if his congressional district wasn't gerrymandered.
Boehner hasn't accomplished diddly as Speaker.

He probably has a juicy lobbying gig lined up.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New from his notes on the resignation
" Im tired of this shit, fuck ya'll"
you can kill people for America at age 18 but need to be 21 to buy a beer
New Which one isn't? Look at Mel Watts district.
New You think 90+% black is needed?
It's a SWAG on that percentage, but the idea was to remove black voters from surrounding districts.

I think Boehner's district is about 70% Repo. "Proper" redistricting maximizes the number of >51% districts for your party with sacrificial districts with huge majorities of the opposition.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New I don't disagree with you at all.
Mel's district is NC's "token" district. Can't have *those* people affecting real Tarheel districts. Did I mention the reasons I don't live there anymore recently? ;0)
New Leaves him more time to golf with lobbyists

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar" 1897
New I'm giving him a little benefit of doubt here.
I watched him as he was unable to look at the Pope in the eye. I saw him tear up when the pontiff, in essence, condemned the economic and social policies he'd spent his life committed to. I think he had a crisis of conscience, looked at the unholy mess of the Teabaggers in the House and decided, "I was wrong, but I can't fix this. Not with this crowd. The only thing I can do is not participate any longer." If I'm close in my analysis (and I could be way, way off), I'd look for him to do a hell of a lot of work for charities in retirement.
New The Teabaggers have been after him for years.
He's been trying to get the Pope to come for about 10 years, and he's always been a weeper, so I'm sure that he would have been teary even without the backstabbing. I don't think he's introspective enough to think that the Pope's words mean that he's been doing it wrong for decades...

The Teabaggers have been after him for years - "doesn't fight hard enough" and such nonsense. The Teabaggers apparently flunked 2nd grade math - they don't know how to count votes and think that screaming is an acceptable substitute.

I think he's tired of it and wants to give them the opportunity them burn the place down without his hands anywhere near it.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/254909-boehner-to-resign-in-october

Cheers,
Scott.
New other than changing to ten years to twenty, the rest of the statements are accurate
you can kill people for America at age 18 but need to be 21 to buy a beer
New That's certainly more likely, but ...
to me, he looks utterly ashamed in this video: http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/25/politics/john-boehner-resigning-as-speaker/index.html

He may not deserve any benefit of doubt, but just imagine you were in his position and you wanted to chart a more sane, humane course. Think of the enormity of the problems. This Congress of Teabaggers is, regrettably, highly representative of the majority of Americans who are almost all criminally insane. I cannot imagine a more dangerous group (for humanity as a whole) of individuals in Congress than the current freak show.
New Yes on that last.. from my experience (seeing HUAC sessions on TV)
the best comparo seems:
As. If. Clones of the freaks on HUAC had filled up all the other in-power committees, while trashing the selection system to near-enough bar any chance for sanity breaking-in.

Like now. This has to be the Mondo Worst fucking 'congress' ever to sit on their sanctimonious $-fattened asses: in that venue. And left unfumigated, that venue may see installed soon (if not next) the last 'President' of these Dis-United States.

(S'enough almost to wish that there WERE some place like [Hell], a gated-repository for all dangerous-grade misanthropes as perpetually seek and use new weapons, while murdering Language herself.)
New Re: I'm giving him a little benefit of doubt here.
If I'm close in my analysis (and I could be way, way off), I'd look for him to do a hell of a lot of work for charities in retirement.
I'll take "Way, way off" for a thousand, Alex, unless we expand the definition of doing "a hell of a lot of work for charities" to include "landing one or more lucrative lobbying gigs to advance the pet projects of plutocrats." We'll see.

cordially,
New If he does that, at least he'll be consistent.
New Two possibilities
1. He didn't have the support to survive a leadership fight.
2. He had the support, but each of his supporters would have been skull-fucked from the right next primary season.

I hope the poo-flinging monkey caucus gets center stage these next thirteen months.
     Boehner resigning from Congress - (malraux) - (14)
         I'd be happier if his congressional district wasn't gerrymandered. - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
             from his notes on the resignation - (boxley)
             Which one isn't? Look at Mel Watts district. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                 You think 90+% black is needed? - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                     I don't disagree with you at all. - (mmoffitt)
         Leaves him more time to golf with lobbyists - (lincoln)
         I'm giving him a little benefit of doubt here. - (mmoffitt) - (7)
             The Teabaggers have been after him for years. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                 other than changing to ten years to twenty, the rest of the statements are accurate -NT - (boxley)
                 That's certainly more likely, but ... - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                     Yes on that last.. from my experience (seeing HUAC sessions on TV) - (Ashton)
             Re: I'm giving him a little benefit of doubt here. - (rcareaga) - (1)
                 If he does that, at least he'll be consistent. -NT - (mmoffitt)
             Two possibilities - (gcareaga)

I am LRPD of Borg. Refreshing is useless. You will be addicted.
151 ms