IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New -- deinstalled
Yesterday the company had an offsite for employees. No rumors were going around afterwards; a contractor who has been here 2 years says "that's VERY unusual".

This morning my manager calls me into a conference room and says "due to changes in the budget, your contract is being terminated immediately. I'll give you a few minutes to get any personal files off the company laptop." He stands in my cube as I uninstall Chrone (had a few websites and logons for places like IWETHEY - never did any online banking or purchasing). Took my badge and walked me out the door. He did say that if the situation changes, he has my cell number.

Called the agency that processes my paycheck. They're concerned that I didn't fill out the online timesheet and email them a screen shot of it. Well, I wasn't able to do anything about that. They better not stiff me for this week's pay!

Oh well, I made 6 weeks of income. Time to pack up and drive 1400 miles home.

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar" 1897
New Bastards! :(
Getting that last weeks pay is often delayed. And in one case for me, came from the middleman over time on the next contract. They surrendered their cut until we were square.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New oh man, does the contract house have anything else going on?
you can kill people for America at age 18 but need to be 21 to buy a beer
New Re: oh man, does the contract house have anything else going on?
Nope. To top it off, they sent out a "Happy Labor Day!" email this morning. Talk about rubbing it in (although they didn't know at the time & it went to all their contractors).

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar" 1897
New :-( There's no excuse for being treated like that.
Keep after them for your pay.

Best of luck with the search!

Cheers,
Scott.
     -- deinstalled - (lincoln) - (4)
         Bastards! :( - (a6l6e6x)
         oh man, does the contract house have anything else going on? -NT - (boxley) - (1)
             Re: oh man, does the contract house have anything else going on? - (lincoln)
         :-( There's no excuse for being treated like that. - (Another Scott)

It's administration policy.
77 ms