IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Phredd!
The extra "D" makes it, evil, evil I tells ya! Plus makes it easier to copyright.

I seem to have forgotten all about the Love Fest some people of this forum seem to have with AOL.

I am free now, to choose my own destiny.
New NetCthulu
A molded case shaped like a grotesque octopus head with cat5 cables splayed out from it like tentacles. Now that would be evil.
--
Chris Altmann
New Ubersoft
Maybe Chris could use that...
-----
Steve
New Go For It. Didn't show up on Google.
--
Chris Altmann
New Time to move on
I seem to have forgotten all about the Love Fest some people of this forum seem to have with AOL.

Did AOL rape your sister or something? You seem to be completely unable to think clearly within a five mile radius of those three letters. I haven't seen anyone here say anything particularly flattering about AOL in this thread.

All we've (me at least) been trying to point out to you -- and you've persisted in missing the point -- is that AOL seems to be looking into offering their customers an appliance that will let them hook up multiple computers within their home and share their own connection among their own computers.

No one (except you) said anything about sharing connections with other users, ala Seti@Home. No one (except you) suggested anything that would be more of a security risk than users currently face. If anything, this could be configured as a remotely-updated (by AOL) firewall that might make users less vulnerable.

AOL's typical customer base doesn't know you can already do this cheaper and better yourself. If you told most of them, they still wouldn't be able to do it themselves.

All of this is what we've been able to infer from the type of questions they're asking. And none of this says anything about whether I or anyone else (except you) likes AOL or not. And all it is is a freaking market survey to see if anyone even wants the damn thing. So I suppose it's safe to say your answer is "no"?
===
Microsoft offers them the one thing most business people will pay any price for - the ability to say "we had no choice - everyone's doing it that way." -- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=38978|Andrew Grygus]
New My answer is no
No, no, no, no, no! Nyet, Nine, Nil, Zilch, never! Not if AOL was the last ISP on the Internet.

I see this new venture as another way AOL can strange its marketshare, and get more control over the Internet.

Did I mention I had an Internet stalker that hid behind AOL, and AOL didn't do anything to stop him/her? This same stalker had spoofed me on Yahoo and sent me threats via YIM and the Yahoo Clubs. This stalker is still out there, using AOL, and jack sh*t was done to stop them.

I am free now, to choose my own destiny.
     AOL Homenet - (SpiceWare) - (24)
         Probably not that much . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (23)
             Depends on the end user machine - (orion) - (22)
                 What does that have to do with it? - (Andrew Grygus) - (21)
                     It depends on what - (orion) - (20)
                         Of course he's not - (Steve Lowe) - (9)
                             Nova - She doesn't run - (orion) - (8)
                                 Re: Nova - She doesn't run - (Steve Lowe)
                                 This isn't about AOL's IT Dept and who would buy ... - (altmann) - (6)
                                     Phredd! - (orion) - (5)
                                         NetCthulu - (altmann) - (2)
                                             Ubersoft - (Steve Lowe) - (1)
                                                 Go For It. Didn't show up on Google. -NT - (altmann)
                                         Time to move on - (drewk) - (1)
                                             My answer is no - (orion)
                         Who said anything about filesharing? - (drewk) - (8)
                             For competent households, not bloody much - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                                 Yup - (Steve Lowe)
                                 Not so. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                     All that that shows... - (ben_tilly)
                             It's part of the "etc." - (SpiceWare) - (1)
                                 Well, my point still stands - (drewk)
                             Filesharing and Aimster - (orion)
                             Connection Sharing? - (orion)
                         Which is why . . - (Andrew Grygus)

Body piercings don't have this type of torque though.
138 ms