IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Android Admin.
My Xperia came with an app for connecting to Exchange and when you start it up comes up with this big scary warning about being Admin. I don't need it, fortunately. But it took some Googling to figure out what it was and why it wanted that!

There's also a clever Android app from Google that creates a second user profile on the Android phone. One is yours, and the other is for hooking up to a corporate account. It means if corporate has to remotely wipe the device, it only wipes that second profile.

Wade.
New Got a link to that two profiles app?
--

Drew
New I think it's this one.
Google Apps Device Policy

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.enterprise.dmagent

It would've worked well for us because we had shifted to Google Apps for email, calendaring and document sharing, which is what it's designed to support.

Wade.
New OK, wouldn't work for me
Looks like that's the "official" Google Apps tool for remote administration. It wouldn't surprise me that they would build in the ability to do multiple profiles, but that the tools other companies use would just wipe the whole thing.
--

Drew
New How does that work?
Remote wipe is all outta fucks when it comes to profiles - it just blanks the whole thing.
New Re: second account.
Crackberrys provide partitioned areas to accomplish the same thing. Increasingly I'm of the view that Blackberry makes the 21st century equivalent of betamax.
     How HR spies on you, even when you're not at work - (lincoln) - (12)
         This is Microsoft more than HR - (scoenye) - (11)
             It's not a technical issue - (pwhysall) - (4)
                 Agreed on that, but it is not spying. -NT - (scoenye) - (3)
                     Aye, no argument there. -NT - (pwhysall) - (2)
                         But could they? - (drook) - (1)
                             Not according to the device administrator API - (scoenye)
             Android Admin. - (static) - (5)
                 Got a link to that two profiles app? -NT - (drook) - (2)
                     I think it's this one. - (static) - (1)
                         OK, wouldn't work for me - (drook)
                 How does that work? - (pwhysall)
                 Re: second account. - (mmoffitt)

The key; The whole key; And nothing but the key. So help me Codd.
154 ms