IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Not really
Personally I think the Planck length tells us that nature is digital (albeit not binary ;) ). It's why Pi is an irrational number; the Planck length means that one will never actually encounter a perfect circle in nature because nature is discrete.
New dunno, the loafs I pinch out appear to be perfectly round tubes
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New Re: Not really
This matter--of course--cannot be seriously "debated", I trust we see..
(I concede that my 'reductio not-quite absurdum' evades anything resembling mathematical Proof (which is yet another abstraction.)) Guess I like Feynman's quip a lot:
~ "People think that, because we have a name for something: we understand it.."

I submit {merely} that [Reality] ever escapes our ken. A.E.'s "bright pebbles on a beach" is as good as any metaphor about the fact that metaphor IS ... [solely] what all our lore communicates. We don't even know if *math! is an intrinsic aspect of our Cosmos (that mostly empty-space with quanta perfusing it) or it is the only way our peculiar jelloware can function. At. all.

* Bertie (Russell) tried to reach, er "bed-rock" in the inductive/deductive processes we're so fond of: it drove him NUTS/a lesser person would have remained catatonic, but Bertie was LARGE
(and could choose off the likes of Wittgenstein) ..and related silver-tongued orators ... no?

Physics is Hard. But philosophy precedes it/also encompasses it ('physics" used to be called, "natural philosophy". Love. It.)

Ed: oTpy

Polonious, that insufferable busy-body asks Hamlet, What readst thou?
Hamlet--the kewl dude--replies ... Words ... words.

I think I'm going into my mind..
(I once asked a 'esoteric student', "So then, what do you know today, Fershure?")
Her reply was unarguably honest: "Nothing. Nothing at all."
Our species is pretty dense; I don't expect much improvement within n-millennia. Especially if we finish trashing the planet for all mammals and much else, as seems most likely ... y'know?)

Sam Clemens had our Number; see his posthumous words on The Whole Damned Human Race.
;^>
Expand Edited by Ashton June 27, 2015, 06:44:54 AM EDT
     Do you know the story of the Slinky? Freaking fascinating - (drook) - (7)
         Re: Do you know the story of the Slinky? Freaking fascinating - (gcareaga) - (6)
             Me neither, though a slope was marginally better than stairs -NT - (drook) - (5)
                 Well, that's what happens when . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                     (aka The World is analogue; only homo-sap jelloware ..has the hots for reductio รก digitalis.) -NT - (Ashton) - (3)
                         Not really - (jake123) - (2)
                             dunno, the loafs I pinch out appear to be perfectly round tubes -NT - (boxley)
                             Re: Not really - (Ashton)

You are so wrong philosophers weep at the sound of your voice.
70 ms