IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New A robotic dog's mortality
Aibo ... per NYT.
This is the final episode in a Bits video series, called Robotica, examining how robots are poised to change the way we do business and conduct our daily lives.

TOKYO — They didn’t shed, chew the sofa or bite the postman, but for thousands of people Sony’s Aibo robotic dog was the closest thing to a real canine companion. So when the Japanese company stopped servicing the robots last year, eight years after it ended production, owners faced a wrenching prospect: that their aging “pets” would break down for good.

Do electric canines dream of a beneficent biped staff-creature ..during REM-sleep, as the hippocampus sorts out the transfer of the day's events into long-term flash-RAM?

Well ... after all: Dog spelled backw
Umm, you know.
(And any old Aibo might well seem more authentically alive than well, some ... of the volunteer biped candidates we've seen so far (and who might have trouble passing the Turing test, n'est ce pâs?)

Now you take Donald Trump and..
New No, YOU take him
--

Drew
New Trump backwards is PMURT.
The sound of an unsuccessfully suppressed fart! :)
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Actually, "Trump!" the ordinary way around sounds even more like that.
New Apparently there is 2.0 version in human form.
BBC: Pepper robot to go on sale to public in Japan.
Pepper, the humanoid robot that its makers say can recognise and respond to human emotions, goes on sale in Japan this weekend.

SoftBank, the company behind the robot, is planning to release 1,000 robots every month.

Pepper will sell for 198,000 yen (£1,000), and businesses will be able to rent it for 1,500 yen an hour.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Didn't realize the Aibo was so popular.
It's the kind of thing Sony probably should've realized needed to be a long-lifed product.

Wade.
New 16 years is a good run for a dog :-)
New Re: 16 years is a good run for a dog :-)
Also a good run for most any electromechanical bit of hardware.
I think the single most compelling piece of evidence for global warming is that Fox News viewers think it's a hoax.
New Reminds me of old synths.
I don't know what the creators were expecting but a lot of them became cherished instruments. Yet most were not designed to work for that long!

Wade.
     A robotic dog's mortality - (Ashton) - (8)
         No, YOU take him -NT - (drook)
         Trump backwards is PMURT. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Actually, "Trump!" the ordinary way around sounds even more like that. -NT - (CRConrad)
         Apparently there is 2.0 version in human form. - (a6l6e6x)
         Didn't realize the Aibo was so popular. - (static) - (3)
             16 years is a good run for a dog :-) -NT - (scoenye) - (2)
                 Re: 16 years is a good run for a dog :-) - (Silverlock) - (1)
                     Reminds me of old synths. - (static)

We look. Often we do not see. Only rarely do we see fully.
119 ms