IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New OTOH: Guy Bechor at YnetNews
YnetNews Opinion:

In recent days, we have been witnessing a sort of political-media campaign requiring Israel to intervene in favor of some 700,000 Druze living in southern Syria, not far from the Jordanian border. Such an intervention, if it takes place, will not be a preparation for the crucial day, when the enemy attacks us, but will push the enemy to attack us – and therefore it must not take place under any circumstances.

Syria's Druze have never had anything to do with us. On the contrary, they were among the central pillars of Bashar Assad's evil regime, and they are today Hezbollah's allies. The notorious Samir Kuntar was recently sent by Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah to get them organized under the protection of the Shiite organization.

It's unthinkable that Israel of all countries would provide weapons or intervene in favor of Hezbollah's allies. At that very moment we will be turning ourselves, and rightfully so, into the enemies of Syria's Sunnis for generations to come.

[...]

Israel needs to stay out of it.

Cheers,
Scott.
New little bald guy on a scooter from the mountain in lebanon may disagree
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New That's more like what I would expect from Israelis.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Re: Israel needs to stay out of it.
We spend billions of dollars every year propping up the state of Israel only to have to beg them off of helping us any time there is conflict in the region. What a great plan. It's easy to see why the US - Israel relationship is vital to us. Not.
New Israel gets billions due to Camp David.
There are various other military contracts, and stuff like SodaStream, too, of course. But the "foreign aid" is mostly the Camp David stuff - roughly $3B a year - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camp_David_Accords.

http://journalistsresource.org/studies/international/foreign-policy/u-s-foreign-aid-to-israel-2014-congressional-report is a more detailed breakdown.

While it would be nice if Israel were helpful in the middle-East, them not causing additional trouble is worth a lot...

Cheers,
Scott.

New But would they be a regional power without our aid?
New Counterfactuals are hard.
New Just suggesting that perhaps we should re-evaluate our ROI.
New Should have been done long ago. But I don't expect it to change in my lifetime...
New Agreed. I was nearly tarred and feathered for suggesting that at UNCC in 1985.
New no, they would be dead
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
     le merde is heading towards the ventilateur - (boxley) - (11)
         OTOH: Guy Bechor at YnetNews - (Another Scott) - (10)
             little bald guy on a scooter from the mountain in lebanon may disagree -NT - (boxley)
             That's more like what I would expect from Israelis. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
             Re: Israel needs to stay out of it. - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                 Israel gets billions due to Camp David. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                     But would they be a regional power without our aid? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                         Counterfactuals are hard. -NT - (Another Scott) - (3)
                             Just suggesting that perhaps we should re-evaluate our ROI. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                 Should have been done long ago. But I don't expect it to change in my lifetime... -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                     Agreed. I was nearly tarred and feathered for suggesting that at UNCC in 1985. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                         no, they would be dead -NT - (boxley)

This is for Drew Khan. This is on God's reaching out to you from K Force.
59 ms