IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Bam-Bam's getting good at killing Americans with drones.
Even innocent ones.
Washington (CNN)President Barack Obama announced Thursday that a U.S. counterterrorism operation targeting an al Qaeda compound in January accidentally killed two innocent hostages, including one American.

Multiple U.S. officials told CNN the hostages, Warren Weinstein, an American, and Italian national Giovanni Lo Porto, were killed by a U.S. military drone that targeted the al Qaeda compound.

"As president and as commander in chief, I take full responsibility for all our counterterrorism operations including the one that inadvertently took the lives of Warren and Giovanni," Obama said Thursday morning in the White House briefing room, where he apologized on behalf of the U.S. government.

The White House also disclosed Thursday that two Americans, both al Qaeda operatives, were also killed in U.S. counterterrorism operations in the same region.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/23/politics/white-house-hostages-killed/index.html
New It's an oops!
Attacks from the air suffer an intelligence gap that boots on the ground might not have. Taking out bin Ladin was done the way it was for that reason among others.

At least there is likely to be some monetary compensation to the families of the hostages. Not that that undoes anything.

On the other hand, al Quaeda and other terrorist leadership will be keeping hostages near by as a deterrent.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Question arises, though..
If you *are* a Terrierist--certifiable with epaulets or ..just de facto--is there not an implicit comprehension that:

'Dual-citizenship' as both "American citizen" AND "uncivilized/lunatic serial murderer" is not a Boolean option? Like your virginity: you don't get it back if you use super-glue on a ravaged hymen.
(I'm sure that the Founding Mothers never thought to make this koan explicit, as they were, for the most part: sane in those days ... foolishly imagined that most others were, too.)

I blame the Transistors--and their re-packagers--for exponentially multiplying the perfidy of the common self-'made' man-creature ..well beyond his mere penis-envy vanity.
     Bam-Bam's getting good at killing Americans with drones. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
         It's an oops! - (a6l6e6x)
         Question arises, though.. - (Ashton)

I have a horse!
31 ms