IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New My high school chem story...
The teacher would assign some of the better students (I was a weird kid; I got good grades in sciences, I was also a jock (a rather good wrestler), and I also ran with an outlaw motorcycle club. Hard to classify) demonstrations to set up and run for the class. My project was a chlorine generator to be run under the suction hood. I played with the reagents they gave me, and increased the amount of chemicals I was using until I got a gas clearly visible from across the room. No problem except I ran out of reagents. The father of a friend of mine was a chem professor at Case (local to me) and got me in to appropriate some replacement supplies. They were apparently more concentrated or more pure, because when I ran the demo, the huge clout escaped the hood and they evacuated the entire science wing of the school. Fortunately there were no injuries or repercussions.

"Religion, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable."
~ AMBROSE BIERCE
(1842-1914)
New AP biology
I wasn't in the class, but they had an issue with a cat they were going to dissect. The specimens came in 5-gallon buckets of formaldehyde. One of the cats had been packed improperly and had rotted in the bucket.

When they opened it, they had to evacuate the whole building.
--

Drew
     Toxic high school memory - (rcareaga) - (11)
         Yep, a different time. - (a6l6e6x)
         A lot of things have changed. - (static)
         I remember feuding with the new science teacher who was also the math teacher - (boxley) - (2)
             Indeed, Indeed. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 Demonstrating that both you and Box were/are dangerous - (Ashton)
         Ah yes, I remember science summer school . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
             :-) - (Another Scott)
             for quick booms we were lazy - (boxley) - (1)
                 That trick made local news a number of years ago. - (static)
         My high school chem story... - (hnick) - (1)
             AP biology - (drook)

Switch view to kaleidoscopic.
52 ms