IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New American couple travels to the USSR.
Back in the good/bad old days when the Soviets ruled The Evil Empire, an American couple – let’s call them Mr. and Mrs. Jones (that may well have been their real names) – decided to go and see for themselves what the Russkies were up to. So one October (off-season rates) they jetted off to the East…

Intourist assigned them a guide named Rudolf – he was a real Soviet patriot – the Russians had written all the literature worth reading, composed all the music worth listening to, invented everything worth inventing, and kicked Fascist butt from Stalingrad to Moscow in their spare time. But he was a good guy and he knew his stuff, and they were having a really good trip.

They saw Leningrad and they saw Kiev and they went to Moscow. As they were walking across Red Square, Mr. Jones noticed some white stuff falling from the sky …

“I see the famed Russian winter is beginning”
“Eh”
“Looks like it’s starting to snow”
“Nyet. Not snow. Is the gentle autumn rain to fructify the soil of Mother Russia.”
“Sure looks like snow to me”
“Nyet. NYET Snow. Is Rain. RAIN! NYET SNOW! RAIN!”

As you know, this did not mark the outbreak of World War III. That is because Mrs. Jones gave her husband an elbow to the ribs, and said
“Don’t argue.
Rudolf the Red knows rain, dear.”
- http://www.balloon-juice.com/2015/03/08/sunday-morning-open-thread-wake-up/#comment-5277476

rofl.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Groan! :)
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New That was seriously terrible...
"Religion, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable."
~ AMBROSE BIERCE
(1842-1914)
New Look! in the road: a head.
New LRPD: I can only take so much at one sitting!
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New LRPD: Credit grudgingly slathered, for consistency.
--

Drew
New Ow. That was almost painful. ;0)
New that was great!

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar" 1897
     American couple travels to the USSR. - (Another Scott) - (7)
         Groan! :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         That was seriously terrible... -NT - (hnick)
         Look! in the road: a head. -NT - (Ashton) - (2)
             LRPD: I can only take so much at one sitting! -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                 LRPD: Credit grudgingly slathered, for consistency. -NT - (drook)
         Ow. That was almost painful. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt)
         that was great! -NT - (lincoln)

Just a SMOP.
154 ms