IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New more sinister stuff
Last month (well, actually last year) I was cut out of one of my major "deliverables," an annual dog-and-pony show to the preparation of which, since late in the last century, I have devoted about ten weeks each year. I just happened to go upstairs and find that another, minor deliverable has been assumed by another office. I could have done a much better job of it; am just as happy to have been spared the effort, but, sheesh! The wife's legal struggle had better produce big bucks soon, because I get the sense that BDS is moving on me.

apprehensively,
New :-( Good luck.
New Perhaps it's time to look for greener pastures.
Get a resume worked up.

It's easier to get a gig when you're employed than when you're not. You might even wangle a glowing reference.

And network, network, network!

Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Certainly worth thinking about.
Lots of things are listed at USA Jobs. And the labor market seems to be picking up....

Cheers,
Scott.
New They came to me this past week
...regarding a stupid project from the Mothership that I could have provided 'em back in the day, but which, as I tactfully pointed out, required facilities, supplies and equipment of which I have been systematically deprived since 2011. I observed further that the desired product can be produced by an outside vendor (once I have prepared the digital files) for just $1800. I await the response with some interest.

cordially,
New A deftly inserted acupuncture-needle
like that, might hit them in their weakest concept: ROI? but I've inferred that it's impossible to guess w.t.f. happens inside the grey-cells of wannabes, so ..Luck! that the nerve struck proves beneficent.

Full werethy was he in his Lourd'es wer'res and thereto had he rydden, no man ferre.
(Apologies for transliteration of what was once Engrish Knight-speak; let him who has heard it properly spoke, cast the first stone.)

It seems that currently most of our lances are aimed at the most incomprehensible mindsets ever to disgrace a planet, locally and elsewhere. Are we pre-Elizabethan yet?
thus all the way back to Tower of Babel. (I cease reading most political polemics du jour, at about the third inserted-cliche; preserves endorphins.)
     more sinister stuff - (rcareaga) - (5)
         :-( Good luck. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Perhaps it's time to look for greener pastures. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Certainly worth thinking about. - (Another Scott)
         They came to me this past week - (rcareaga) - (1)
             A deftly inserted acupuncture-needle - (Ashton)

Crap shoot and intuition then.
78 ms