IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New BDS security kabuki
I've alluded to the fact that following our ill-advised merger a dozen years ago, BDS jumped into bed with the whole "homeland security" apparatus in what has proved to be a faustian fuck, as the lives of its employees come increasingly to resemble the miserable existence of Oceania's "outer party" cadres. Part of the deal was the installation of security kabuki—the rent-a-cops, the x-ray conveyor belts, the metal detectors, the hand-held scanners—in the building lobby in order to discourage the hoi polloi from looking in. Lately this has been extended to the workforce "randomly." I went out for caffeine just now, and returned to find myself subjected, for the second time in under a month, to the full-TSA treatment with partial striptease. They briefly proposed to confiscate my little Swiss Army knife (the smallest model made), at which point I staged a nutty, doing my best outraged old codger imitation with extra portions of sarcasm: after a brief conference, they agreed to let me keep the thing provided I promised not to fly the building into a commercial aircraft.

I despair. Truly I do.

cordially,
New nice thing about being a contractor who can be let go at any time
the first time it would be here is my badge, what is your name so I can reference it on my final bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New It's annoying.
Be happy you don't have random drug tests, too. :-/

IOW, it can always be worse!

Hang in there.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Re: It's annoying.
But I do have random drug tests, as I discovered fourteen months ago ("Really? You're testing the art director? You fools, where do you imagine that so-called 'creativity' comes from?").

cordially,
     BDS security kabuki - (rcareaga) - (3)
         nice thing about being a contractor who can be let go at any time - (boxley)
         It's annoying. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Re: It's annoying. - (rcareaga)

Her patriotism is as genuine as her hair color.
38 ms