IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Lawyer sues Dubya for 9/11!
[link|http://www.drudgereport.com/flash9.htm|No word on whether he's suing al Qaeda or the Saudi royal family]

Excerpt:

San Francisco area attorney Stanley Hilton this week filed a $7 billion
lawsuit on behalf of a handful of attack victims' relatives claiming that
America's leader failed to carry out his constitutional duties.

I say:

What a precedent this would set. Can we sue Clinton, too? Hey, let's get after LBJ's estate for Vietnam.

I'd like to sue every federal bureaucrat there is for fraud. They're not working hard enough or smart enough for what we pay them. Mohammad Atta visa indeed. And say, could we prosecute the IRS under RICO?
[link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html|http://www.angelfir...e/index.html]
Truth is that which is the case. Accept no substitutes.
If competence is considered "hubris" then may I and my country always be as "arrogant" as we can possibly manage.
New what scum
In 1995 Hilton was hit with legal problems himself when he was charged with abusing his 80-year old Alzheimer's-impaired mother. She was found padlocked in her Noe Valley house with two dogs and no toilet access.

A firefighter described the scene as "an overwhelming stench of urine and feces all over the house."
I see why he's a lawyer

Darrell Spice, Jr.

[link|http://home.houston.rr.com/spiceware/|SpiceWare] - We don't do Windows, it's too much of a chore

New A special breed of scum
anything for a buck or anything to save a buck. Remember who I used to work for? They got ticked off if I spent more than 3 minutes in the bathroom. They didn't understand my bowel problems.

I am free now, to choose my own destiny.
New Why not?
He may have dropped the ball on preventing it from happening. The least he could have done is have airport security beefed up and put more Air Marshalls on planes, instead of sitting on his thumbs and watching "SpongeBob Squarepants". But yes, sue the al Qaeda and Suadi Royal Family as well, let's see how their courts fare in this matter?

New The short answer:
What a precedent this would set. Can we sue Clinton, too?

The short answer: NO

Been there, tried that, fucked it up royal. Give it up, get over it, your boy was awarded the White House (anybody can win the Lottery); if he can't stand the heat...
jb4
(Resistance is not futile...)
New You can sue anyone you want
for any reason real or imaginary. You just have to convice a judge that your case is valid or give the judge a valid reason. If not, you are wasting court time and get the case dismissed. Now winning, on the other hand, is a totally different thing.

Slick Willie got out of his legal issues, I doubt someone will take him to court and win. He dodged the Paula Jones, Monica Lewinski, and Whitewater cases. Now it is the Shrub's turn, and this time his brother who is the Governor of Florida, can't bail his butt out.

New You can't
There are certain ethical guidelines that must be followed. If you, the attorney, sue to harass when the case has no basis, you risk getting dis-barred.
Ray
New Other cases as well.
For example, according to the 11th amendment to the Constitution of the United States, an individual cannot sue a state of the union without the express permission of the state. Usually, this is granted by the state either in it's constitution or by a law, but in some cases, that is not so.

Interesting little bit on NPR last night about a Really Bad Supreme Court decision expanding an amendment aimed at the judicial branch to cover the executive branch...
InThane - Now running Ashton rev 2.0
New Ethics
what are those these days, it seems most people either ignore them or don't have them. Lawyers exspecially.

New Hey.. like umm many, he has the Courage of his Convictions.
     Lawyer sues Dubya for 9/11! - (marlowe) - (9)
         what scum - (SpiceWare) - (1)
             A special breed of scum - (orion)
         Why not? - (orion)
         The short answer: - (jb4) - (4)
             You can sue anyone you want - (orion) - (3)
                 You can't - (rsf) - (2)
                     Other cases as well. - (inthane-chan)
                     Ethics - (orion)
         Hey.. like umm many, he has the Courage of his Convictions. -NT - (Ashton)

Put *that* in your pipe and smoke it!
133 ms