IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The structure of Islam is a major problem.
First, there are two books, the Quran and the Hadith. When Islam is accused of doing bad things, appologists always say, "That's not in the Quran" - and indeed it is not - it's in the Hadith. The Quran is theory, the Hadith is practice.

Knowing of the Jewish Talmud, which allows the interpretation of the religion to be adapted to changing times, the founders of Islam specifically forbade any such thing on penalty of death. So, they're stuck with it as it is. The Quran is so set in stone translating it to a language other than Arabic is forbidden, under the usual death penalty.

The Turks think the Hadith has been edited and they are trying to refine it to an original version - but it doesn't matter. To most of Islam the Turks are just Pagans with enough Islam slathered over to pass. The Turks will be ignored no matter what they come up with, whether it is better or worse than what they have now anyway.

There is no central authority. Anyone can go to a Madras, than set himself up as a local mullah and command his followers in the way he sees fit. This is a real attraction to the the most violent and power hungry. Islam, which means "submission", demands absolute obedience to Allah, and the mullah speaks for Allah in this world.

Jihad is built into the foundation of the religion - so when violent people claim to be Jihadists, mainstream Muslims are reluctant to criticize them, because that would be criticism of Islam.

There are peaceful Islamic sects, such as the Sufis, but they're mostly in Turkey, and it's very difficult for an outsider to become a Sufi - you have to study with a master. Most of Islam wants to kill the Sufis as heretics anyway.

Islam was once much more liberal and cultured than it is now - but it has been taken over by by the most extreme sects, and there seems no way to reverse that. The lands of Islam tend to be primitive and desolate regions - but those regions once hosted substantial civilizations. I suspect Islam is why they are primitive and desolate.

Perhaps a New Islam can be created and can spread and make converts - but it will have to be done in North America, the only region where the mullahs can't enforce the death penalty for such heresy.

New I've understood similar things about Islam. But the Jihadist / Islamist problem is new.
As Nawaz says, the roots of our current problems with al Qaeda and the rest are in Egypt in fairly recent times (certainly since the 1950s). The Quran and the Hadith are much, much older, of course.

I think there are ways to reverse the problem, and I think Nawaz's approach is the best way to try right now.

We'll see.

Cheers,
Scott.
     Fresh Air: some insights on th Zealots. - (Ashton) - (34)
         Thanks for the pointer. Transcript. - (Another Scott) - (23)
             He's a very wise man. Excerpts. - (Another Scott) - (22)
                 You can read that hand-waving virtually everywhere in the West. - (mmoffitt) - (21)
                     So you clamp down on Islam. Then what? - (Another Scott) - (20)
                         The structure of Islam is a major problem. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                             I've understood similar things about Islam. But the Jihadist / Islamist problem is new. - (Another Scott)
                         I once shared your views. Not anymore. - (mmoffitt) - (17)
                             Meh. - (Another Scott) - (16)
                                 Gotcher mere Language solution, right chere. - (Ashton) - (15)
                                     I think we mostly agree. - (Another Scott) - (14)
                                         oy you! whats wrong with individual reappropriation? -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                             Heh. Slippery slope and all that. (There's always someone stronger who'll take *your* stuff.) -NT - (Another Scott)
                                         Fair enough; we can agree to somewhat-agree on the pernicious Forces in play: - (Ashton)
                                         Why? - (mmoffitt) - (10)
                                             Respect is too strong a word. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                                 Re: Bush and the Iraq war. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                     Meh. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                         But why did it make things worse? - (mmoffitt)
                                             a decent argument? How about hanging people for attending - (boxley) - (5)
                                                 Fail to respect != commit atrocious acts. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                                     Fail to respect leads to commit atrocious acts. - (boxley)
                                                     You need to respect a person's right to be stupid... - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                                                         Exactly. Well said. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                         They have no such right. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         Just started reading, have to quit for now, but ... - (mmoffitt) - (8)
             so according to you the KKK represents mainstream christianity so we - (boxley) - (7)
                 Neither Christians nor Mormons are openly plotting the overthrow of our government. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                     whistling at a white woman is a good reason for a hanging? - (boxley) - (1)
                         Seriously? - (mmoffitt)
                     Um. Yeah they are. - (static) - (2)
                         Yup. -NT - (Another Scott)
                         Don't misunderstand me. - (mmoffitt)
                 You meant Aryan Nations. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Good one! Thanks, Ashton! -NT - (a6l6e6x)

Then when the mother turned back around I stuck my tongue out at the kid again.
63 ms