New "Pedant" is just a nice word grammar Nazis use to describe themselves
--

Drew
New I see what you did there...
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
     the moderate muslim - (boxley) - (58)
         Succinct and.. simply Astounding! ..while so Very-long overdue. - (Ashton) - (2)
             Re: exceptions to the first amendment - (drook) - (1)
                 Delayed incitement isn't. - (Another Scott)
         Pointing to Egypt's al-Sisi as a good guy is a stretch... - (Another Scott) - (16)
             So if Nixon told Billy Graham to tone down anti gay rhetoric, it would be a bad thing? -NT - (boxley) - (14)
                 So, if Nixon locked up all the Democratic leaders and told them to be nice... -NT - (Another Scott) - (13)
                     So if Clinton locked up all the repos leaders and told them to be nice - (boxley) - (12)
                         al-Sisi locked up his opponents then told them to play nice. HTH. -NT - (Another Scott) - (11)
                             ah so Sisi is a bad guy, people who like jews published his statement on Islam - (boxley) - (10)
                                 No. That's not my view. - (Another Scott) - (9)
                                     I will address 3, 1&2 are not part of Islam - (boxley) - (8)
                                         That's fine as far as it goes. - (Another Scott) - (7)
                                             well since I invoked Godwin my last post :-) besides Obama has a nobel why not sisi? -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                                                 How do you "invoke" Godwin's Law? - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                                     "Pedant" is just a nice word grammar Nazis use to describe themselves -NT - (drook) - (1)
                                                         I see what you did there... -NT - (malraux)
                                             Think you're missing the salient point. - (Ashton) - (2)
                                                 Maybe. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                     No, I share that POV (also too..) - (Ashton)
             He doesn't get a free pass just because he said something utterly-Sane, once - (Ashton)
         Along the lines of, "Hitch was right all along". - (mmoffitt) - (34)
             OK.. gantlet sorta run.. ... weird species, overall. - (Ashton) - (30)
                 Friday's Invisibilia - The Locked-in Man - (Another Scott) - (29)
                     I think that many have had that Wondering.. - (Ashton)
                     Religion precludes treatment. - (mmoffitt) - (27)
                         Are you say Waco was handled well for what was going on? -NT - (drook) - (26)
                             Not at all. - (mmoffitt) - (25)
                                 Tell me where we draw the cult/not-a-cult line, and we'll talk. - (Another Scott) - (24)
                                     They can choose, Islam or here. - (mmoffitt) - (23)
                                         That's half of it - (drook) - (5)
                                             504c of coure, how else are you going to make money? -NT - (boxley)
                                             "Treat [them] with ridicule, hatred and contempt." - Chris Hitchens. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                                 Hitch would disagree with you, I think... - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                     Probably. - (mmoffitt)
                                                 Berkeley '60s: curb your Dogma.. Hey! many did (did they regress?) - (Ashton)
                                         You've been away from believers for too long. - (static) - (16)
                                             I don't believe it. I believe they're lying. - (mmoffitt) - (15)
                                                 How's that faith-based life treating you? - (drook) - (13)
                                                     What exists in your first 3 that doesn't in the last? A: Evidence. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (12)
                                                         Missing my point (intentionally?) - (drook) - (2)
                                                             If they actually believe it, they've been conned. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                                 Religious education starts at age 0. -NT - (malraux)
                                                         why do you care? - (boxley) - (8)
                                                             Because Islam is teaching the lesser minds that if somebody draws a picture, you should kill them. - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                                                                 no, islam is not teaching that, Nut jobs are teaching that to poorly educated muslims -NT - (boxley) - (6)
                                                                     Really? Even at Oxford? - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                                                         " this is just a pure betrayal of our religion and our principles, that that’s not acceptable" -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                                                                             Right. Followed by, "But ..." -NT - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                                                                 "But by any, any standard, we have to condemn what was done, and say it clearly: " -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                                                                                     He claims to understand why they did it in my quote. He's equally culpable. Platitudes aside. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                                                                     So then, having seen the vid. of Tariq Ramadan -vs-HItchens, - (Ashton)
                                                 What Drew said. - (static)
             Lawyers call it "leading the witness". - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                 Isn't that what all religions and their adherents do? -NT - (mmoffitt)
             "What Normal Muslims Think -..." This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim... - (CRConrad)
         What Atrios said. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Yes, that too.. but as one poster replied: - (Ashton)
         Two more "moderate" Muslims. - (mmoffitt)

Behold the power of cheese.
78 ms