IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Quick followups
I have heard of Munkres, but I didn't use that text. I don't know what you would have available, but the bijection I gave should be translatable into a straightforward proof no matter what definition was chosen.

As for citizenship, I definitely call myself a Canadian. As for which I identify with, as a practical matter I have more connections to the US, but my heart will always belong to Canada. I wouldn't want to have to choose for real.

Cheers,
Ben
"... I couldn't see how anyone could be educated by this self-propagating system in which people pass exams, teach others to pass exams, but nobody knows anything."
--Richard Feynman
New Only because of where you grew up?
I think we all have a predeliction (sp?) to live where we grew up, but I'm wondering if with Canadians (is it really an "a"? - I should stick w/Habs) it isn't more? I've only been to Canada once, and then only briefly to Vancouver. But, if my wife were receptive, I'd move north in a New York minute. Of course, I'd be blinded by my "vacation" perception of Vancouver, but Canada seems like a much more mature, rational place to live than the US. I'd love to hear your take, if you can/care.
Thanks again,
Mikem
New Missed saying "I pledge allegiance to the flag..." ;)
Alex

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened." -- Winston Churchill (1874-1965)
New dunno, after 20 yrs in AK with only a moving violation
spent 3 weeks in canada and had 3 court appearances on BS. Different parts of Canader have different mores. Ontario is a very much the joneses are watching for round pegs trying to disguise themselves as square and are very quick to get you under the thumb of the authorities for being different. In Quebec things are more laid back especialy the Eastern Townships. In the far north things are good except for the institutional/actual racism towards Natives. Victoria BC is good except for the dam vampires. Dunno about the far east of the country.
my 2 cents,
Bill
TAM ARIS QUAM ARMIPOTENS
New Don't know how to answer that
Canada has a rather different attitude towards government, conflict, etc than the US. On the positive, much more acceptance of negotiation, compromise, and generally being nice. The negative side of the same is that bias and bigotry still exist - they are just institutionalized in a way that reduces overt conflict and leaves everyone with plausible deniability.

I am not sure which is better in the end.

But I must admit that I find myself far more often ashamed of my fellow Americans than fellow Canadians. However I find myself outraged at both political systems about equally - though for different reasons.

Cheers,
Ben
"... I couldn't see how anyone could be educated by this self-propagating system in which people pass exams, teach others to pass exams, but nobody knows anything."
--Richard Feynman
     Questions for Ben Tilly. - (mmoffitt) - (7)
         Answers - (ben_tilly) - (6)
             Thanks for the quick answers AND... - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                 Quick followups - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                     Only because of where you grew up? - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                         Missed saying "I pledge allegiance to the flag..." ;) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                         dunno, after 20 yrs in AK with only a moving violation - (boxley)
                         Don't know how to answer that - (ben_tilly)

Creating things is hard. I tried to write a drinking song once but I couldn’t get past the first few bars.
93 ms