IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Depressing Thanksgiving.
Did my usual Thanksgiving gig this year. I went in on Wednesday and cooked 9 turkeys. Yesterday, I went back and did the trimmings and sides with a lot of volunteers. My wife and I made elbow macaroni and ground beef in tomato sauce for those who got there early. A lot of the shelters kick everybody out at 7am and there's no where for them to go, so we brought extra food we could put out early for those guys. We were expecting 15-20 people early; we got over 50. I only cooked for about 150, but I'll bet that they got 100 over that. I left when they were ready to serve, so I don't know the total count.
I was looking at some of the ones who showed up early. There was a couple who looked to be about 16 years old and they had a month old baby. He was wearing a local school football jacket. How the hell do people like this end up on the street at that age?
There were a number of homeless families who came early so their kids could be warm. There were a handful that were higher than a weather satellite, but there is a few of those every year. There were more this year. That could be an indicator.
I'm currently working as a contractor (sort of like toilet paper; convenient, quite useful at times, and eminently disposable) and my contract expires on the fifth. Locally they want to hire me full time, but upper management forgot to include $600,000 for expedited shipping for parts from China so they have to save money somewhere else. Therefore, they are spending too much money on contractors and I'm out of there. Worst case I won't be on the streets for a few years; but if it comes to that, I will not be on the other side of the serving table. I'm going out if a very big flash with a big bang and I'm maximizing to take out bankers or politicians.
It's not a very positive holiday season...
"Religion, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable."
~ AMBROSE BIERCE
(1842-1914)
New :-( You're a good man, Hugh. Hang in there. Best of luck!
New not many choices at a young age.
Parents kick them out. Friends stop letting them sleep on their couch. In georgia my daughter was always asking to let homeless or the near homeless friends of hers stay for a few days. I dont mind feeding them but when they start feeling entitled out the door they go. Older son asked if his homeless friend could stay in the georgia house with him. I never liked the little shit and since I came up for thanksgiving I find about 1k worth of tools missing. Do to the little weasel's being in the middle of my son doing stupid things to get arrested he was already banned. Of course son claims there is no way the little weasel stole my stuff but he has always been selling stolen things over the years.
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New 'Let no good deed go unpunished'
(The French explained it for us.) We don't get this valuable information in civics courses in US (or UK either, it seems.)

Sorry to hear that you have been bitten-directly by the ethics-free, even stereotypical Corp. behavior which is at the root of all of our winters-of-discontent; to me this fact of Murican tolerance of shitty behavior reaches far beyond the Corporations which are known to possess no honor: I, for one, expect that any dealing with a Corporation shall be cause to cover-my-ass, simply for knowing that (as in your case) Suits will never take responsibility for their own failures; will defend every unethical plan with bafflegab. (Am hoping that you knew this about yours? so that you weren't caught with no escape plan.) Condolences.

The Brits thanked Turing for saving them (and everyone else!) from the Nazis, by hounding him unto suicide.
Muricans thanked Oppenheimer for giving them the Power to spend the next 50 years wallowing in hubris (because Ours is Bigger) via a demeaning mock-trial about 'loyalty' (!!)
(That was a Fed. US govt. operation; in bizness, ingratitude can be unlimited.)

I rather share your view re my own lot, within this out-of-control tribe. Since the Shogunate's deranged leveraging of an idiot-son's pissing match with a Patrician father, into a lethal chain of events: I've changed my views too, on what 'sufficient provocation' means.

As the number of things to fight-against now greatly outnumber much left, worth fighting-for in these parts, civil disobedience may be an individual's only honorable option in circumstances we now read about daily. I see that I will resort to extreme measures, should I be faced with some new extreme injustice as threatens all my next options … to-be-left-alone by Authorities.
(No need for paranoia, when craziness meets survival, face-on.)

Luck.
     Depressing Thanksgiving. - (hnick) - (3)
         :-( You're a good man, Hugh. Hang in there. Best of luck! -NT - (Another Scott)
         not many choices at a young age. - (boxley)
         'Let no good deed go unpunished' - (Ashton)

Shown here is a tranquil scene in the north woods. A beaver has just completed its dam, two black bears forage for food, a swallow-tailed butterfly flutters in the foreground, a loon swims quietly by, and a kingfisher searches for a tasty fish.
51 ms