IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Dunno.
I'm willing to cut them some slack. They're obviously very young. Sure, they should have known the answers to the political questions off the top of their head, and they watch too much TV, but people forget stuff when they're under stress.

The reporter has a short follow-up - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAi9jgB3uI4&feature=youtu.be

I agree with that. :-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New A kinder assessment; maybe true re "written answers"--that's her guess, though.
She concurs about the 24/7 mindfluff, and obviously (from the flic) the fluff Sticks. Questions would remain: does the bad-fluff use-up the (cache?) pool
of jelloware available for All factoids, or paralyze the long-term memory Search-engine? (I assert neither; it's just more fodder for future analyses of Why? Dumbth? can occur)
whether in Germany 1930s or dis-USA in 21st Century, so far.

If facing just *one simple query, by an engaging female puts these tykes in stress ... Cthulhu knoze what the adrenaline levels might be when a Prof or--the usual--a T.A.
asks a question germane to assigned work -??- I no words.

* I suppose it's possible that these clips are 1% of total-footage, too. In that case the presentation was bogus. (Re-viewed: no such info given; evidence of such would.. you know.)
You are generous.. (maybe you are presuming some selected-data?)
I'd pick you for my Parole Officer, in stir. ;^>
New Stress cause the brain to lock up.
And few things are more stressful than public speaking. :-) It wasn't just a pretty young woman with a microphone - it was a video camera that you knew was recording your words and images for some purpose that you couldn't control.

I empathize with the young woman who had to fight to remember Biden's name. There have been many times when I knew I knew the answer to something, but the particular pathway to recall it was blocked.

Maybe I'm being too generous. But I'm really suspicious of any short video like this. Remember Shirley Sherrod? And remember what this campus group is about - they want to increase non-partisan political awareness, etc. If everyone is already informed and active, then there's no need for the group. ;-)

Kudos to her for the followup comments.

(If things get to the point that you need a parole officer, well, I'm not sure I wouldn't be in the klink as well!!)

Cheers,
Scott.
New Heh.. as to stir
My responses to, say, as-yet unexperienced-provocations? might surprise moi--though I count as uncommon restraint that I didn't squirt
some oral-Metacam Vet-wards--even before his perjury (though that likely was about ego, not the pittance at stake.)
But we mustn't cavil over probabilities here, as presume a nastier future than even present dice-throws.

OK, will grant mike-fright more weight.. but as to the motives of the camera crew: believe that their enthusiasm for the shtik
will wane long before they run out of colorful subjects. :-)
     Texas Educational System in action - (lincoln) - (11)
         +5 Most depressing evidence yet - (Ashton)
         truly sad -NT - (boxley)
         I did ok until the questions about Brad Pitt. -NT - (malraux) - (1)
             That's yer problem: iggerant of the Important stuff, you communist lackey. -NT - (Ashton)
         So, lesson is: Psych majors don't know civics? -NT - (Another Scott) - (6)
             NO - (hnick)
             How about, - (Ashton) - (4)
                 Dunno. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                     A kinder assessment; maybe true re "written answers"--that's her guess, though. - (Ashton) - (2)
                         Stress cause the brain to lock up. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                             Heh.. as to stir - (Ashton)

Somebody say, "Co-lom-bo!"
36 ms