Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Looks like an interesting book.
The Selma Awakening.

(via a comment at Balloon-Juice)

Cheers,
Scott.
New And the battle is very far from over.
Just yesterday I'm following behind a car with a South Carolina plate and lots of bumper stickers.

"Next Time Vote for a Real American!"

"OMG - Obama Must Go!"

"I am not a Racist, I hate Biden too!"

And others I don't recall of the same ilk.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Excellent find.. can't get more al punte 2014 than here.
Justice! ... that chameleon-Aim with a thousand [Referents]

'Justice' is administered with a million currently-deranged Cop-groups with various uniforms: but 99.9% only to those below some Net-worth metric.
For those above this never-discussed Legal-line: virtually all their asocial or anti-social (or downright misanthropic) behaviors are embraced by the wanna-bes
..and the mini- maxi- governments: from the city Councils upwards.

Such behavior in the dis-US is rewarded with a free-pass from the burdens borne by the law- (and Ethics!-) abiding of any other categories we arbitrarily assign.
Those who lust after this extra-societal Power, IME will never discuss the topic on any level: the more recalcitrant as their own personal privilege has followed the curve.

So, of course: it's never on any politico-tainment slate, agenda, talking-point (except for the already-categorized Trouble-makers.) Possibly the sales of this book can illuminate the traditional-silence? But I suspect it preaches to the converted, that unknowable metric whose Gann-chart overlaps sanity, decency and sincerity in seeking authentic reforms of (too-many aspects to be listed-again.)

Were it to climb way up the stats!? confounding these assumptions, I'd be forced nearly to Optimism re the dis-USA's impending prospects.
Who Wouldn't want to lose such a guesstimate?

But.. you know... we've Been Here.... for such an interminable, uninterrupted time-span.....
and the rhetoric has attained pre-, during-, Post!- unCivil War viciousness of the reptile-brain class.
The Shogunate's 8 years brought the US to bankruptcy (almost, financially) (all-the-way ..as to any concept of ethical/moral sensibilities.) And the 6 years of BHO -vs- Institutionalized-racism, so bald-faced as to be unarguable: and there's no ameliorating trend to be seen, except in Unicorn fantasies.

KISS says that the dis-USA is unteachable, ungovernable, obdurate in their collective view (cf. Alex) that their inculcated ignorance is equal to any knowledge: could there be imagined a more impoverished 'national religion' than This? Let's see how many buy this book. Next. (And a full-court-press on the demographics, if we can extirpate any useful data at all.)
Expand Edited by Ashton Nov. 8, 2014, 05:20:03 PM EST
     Looks like an interesting book. - (Another Scott) - (2)
         And the battle is very far from over. - (a6l6e6x)
         Excellent find.. can't get more al punte 2014 than here. - (Ashton)

public class Lrpdism implements GenericSaying
36 ms