IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New deep purple with the london philharmonic
still rocks.
Well it helps if the writer was classically trained
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New The Mothers (of Invention) were mostly 'classically trained'
but Wow.. their products had no andante moderato but a few codas, anyway. (I quite understood that their works were, at base: wry satire, thus catchy-tunes weren't exactly a priority.)
To my jaundiced ears, The Beatles grokked-to-adequacy the Power of a nuanced and critical sense of Loudness, recognized Why.. ppp and ƒƒƒ Matter; their harmonies Were (harmonies) and their songs Sing-able without transistorized effects, fuzz-tones and such. People really did leave a Yellow Submarine show: singing.
This I saw, twice, at least.

Glad you heard the London Phil. To me 'classically trained' means simply, that a one has learned the basic methodology for producing serene sounds, occasionally dissonant ones (since contrast is All) ... and something of what (most ears) discern as: something I want to hear More than Once.
(Of course mere words can never 'summarize' Music, but ... we all have to try.)
     sucks to get old - (boxley) - (28)
         Yup. But it beats the alternative. :-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (5)
             sucks an old? -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 Not getting old. Of course. ;-) -NT - (Another Scott)
             They always say that. - (hnick) - (2)
                 :-) - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     I fancy.. Living well is the best revenge :-/ ... :-) ... :-) -NT - (Ashton)
         We do inevitably... - (rcareaga) - (21)
             What we listened to at age 14 apparently stays with us. - (mmoffitt) - (20)
                 Way back in the InfoWorld days ... - (drook) - (17)
                     Ugh. Nope. - (malraux) - (16)
                         84 album covers - (drook) - (15)
                             100% !!! - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                 Uh huh. - (pwhysall)
                             Re: 84 album covers - (rcareaga) - (1)
                                 Pure guesses should have netted 7/20. - (a6l6e6x)
                             Re: 84 album covers - (Another Scott)
                             Devo, Run DMC, and the Chili Peppers - (malraux) - (9)
                                 15/20 - guessed most of them - (crazy)
                                 There's too much good new music - (pwhysall) - (7)
                                     Re: There's too much good new music - (Another Scott)
                                     There's too much good old music - (Ashton) - (5)
                                         Stop being a curmudgeon - (pwhysall)
                                         Didn't Mozart write for patrons? -NT - (drook)
                                         I listened to a Clara, Bob Schumann, and Brahms festival tonight. - (malraux)
                                         There is a reason the algorithms work. - (static)
                                         Good points! but minor. - (Ashton)
                 deep purple with the london philharmonic - (boxley) - (1)
                     The Mothers (of Invention) were mostly 'classically trained' - (Ashton)

Owner/Operator rig.
42 ms