IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Avoid Smith & Wesson guns at all cost! What's the darn use..
Smith & Wesson: The original point-and-click interface.
...if they only go "click" when you point them at someone?!?

If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.
Well, yeah... without writing implements of some kind, there wouldn't be any misspelings, would there?

If guns cause accidents, then accidents cause drunk driving.
And how, exactly, does that follow? Where's the logical equivalence? (i.e, what is matched with what? What is cause, what effect? Are they in the same relative position in both statements? (Hint: No.))

Free people do not have to ask permission to be armed.

The government of a free people is not expected to "grant" such permission.
Uh... Are these separate bumper stickers? What, like, for matched "His and Hers" cars, or what???

Here's a news headline you'll never see: "85 Million Gun Owners Killed No One Today"
Well, no, probably not.

And do you know why not? Because it'll never happen, that's why.

You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.
So your life is like TV, where nobody ever dies for real? Funny, I could have sworn people get killed by being shot with guns...

Only a government that is afraid of its citizens would try to control them.
My Ghu, couldn't they come up with any EVEN MORE obvious platitudes?

When you remove "the right to keep and bear arms," you create slaves.
Funny, I thought there were plenty of guns and gun-owners in the Confederate States of America. As well as slaves.

And my personal favorite:

The American Revolution would never have happened if the colonists succumbed to gun control.
See? Gun control has only advantages, and no disadvantages!
   Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Knows Fucking Everything
New You're confused again CRC.
See.. these are slogans. They only have to sorta rhyme, have good cadence and evoke vague images of Jack-Booted Stormtroopers\ufffd ... among the acolytes. They aren't s'posed to be questioned, and bloody well not analyzed!

It's all about comfort. Some folk can only truly relax and feel like an er 'peer' amongst fellow homo-saps encountered in the byways of daily life: when they can blow 'em away if.. they make any sudden moves.

(It may be a remnant of a childhood fear of things which go bump in the night - or it might be just a genetic predisposition to respond to 98% of stimuli with fear)

Hope this clears up the Murican enviro a bit for ya (I know it's hard to believe that grown-ups can carry around those scary nightmares from age 3. Still.)

It's just that - some people feel 'safe' only when *they* are in control of It All\ufffd. Now of course if Everyone gets weird and starts to feel that way.. why naturally then:

Everyone will be able to Out-Gun Everyone Else!

Is this possible?

{sigh}

Ashton
I get so confused about personal security n' stuff..
(I always thought my white-phosphorous hand-grenade was enough, but nowadays I may have to carry the botulinin vial around too)

When analysis is outlawed, only outlaws will be in analysis.
New wp is okay I guess but I would much rather have
obtw the point and click interface is the safety going off for the man who knows ALMOST fscking everything :)
along with the WP one 50 cal long gun with telescopic sight for light armor. One small motar with proximity fuses for airbursts. at least 2 claymores for front and rear, 12 gauge shotgun with malay loads (00 alternating with slugs for close work in a crowd) one Browning Hipower 9mm for accuracy in close work (no friendly fire)a 1/2 pint of whisky to steady my hand and a couple of pressure bandages. All of these items are legal as long as the componant parts are not assembled ]:-> trouble is the fscking ammo is getting expensive for practice.
thanx,
bill
Our bureaucracy and our laws have turned the world into a clean, safe work camp. We are raising a nation of slaves.
Chuck Palahniuk
New Cackle... urp.. ssssss
OK Bill. If'n the Repos are a comin for me --

[Damn! maybe they are.. ZAlarm's been busier'n a one-armed bazooka operator on a slippery slope, while some ^*%#@#% AOL asshole looks for open ports]

You'd be good coverin my ass, while I aim the 160 dB 55 Hz generator at their anal sphincter - which tends to reduce motivation PDQ.

Trouble with all that cop equipment is, it leaves 'em rather unfixable. I'd rather keep 'em in condition to stand trial and live in the same cell with Bad-breath Bruno the Oedipus Queen of Block 51.

Patience is a virtue.
New yea fusing would be a problem
dont forget the amon/cloral mix (dont experiment unless looking for a darwin award) as well as the oxy acyteline balloons for stun grenades. SAY! you got ociliscopes! any real big capacitors to go with? Gonna hafta peruse my "stinks" manual, makes me sigh for the old days. (SIGH)
thanx,
bill
Our bureaucracy and our laws have turned the world into a clean, safe work camp. We are raising a nation of slaves.
Chuck Palahniuk
New 55Hz?!?
I was always told the resonace freq. in questions was ~18Hz

Another urban legend?
jb4

(Resistance is not futile...)
New 8-9Hz is the proper freq...
...well below hearing. (Learned this from a sound expert when we were testing the range of my parimetric eq with a pink noise generator and some *really* good reference speakers)

By reference. The low E string on a normal electric bass guitar is ~40hz. The low B on 5 and 6 string basses comes in at ~30Hz. Human hearing usually stops at around 20Hz
Jay O'Connor

"Going places unmapped
to do things unplanned
to people unsuspecting"
New Very low E
So a good doubler should make the 1st subharmonic of the bass's E string around 20Hz (the audible threshold), and that same doubler on a low B string should produce an inaudible subharmonic?
jb4

(Resistance is not futile...)
New Yes, but...
...most speakers that can even reach 20hz flat have a serious db dropoff below 20 hz
Jay O'Connor

"Going places unmapped
to do things unplanned
to people unsuspecting"
New The French did the research ~ '60s. Ethics quiz in box.
iirc. I saw pix, read articles.

~54 IS the res. freq. for (most) anal sphincters YMMV. And a hi-enough level WILL do exactly what you imagine.

Now for pretty-Quick death - prolly sweep from 50ish on down. Find res-freq. of adrenals, liver, heart etc. along the way. Shake loose and more. Just a matter of time/intensity chosen. There is NO credible data on the Gaussian spread, MLDs (min. lethal dose): for fucking Obvious reasons, I'd opine.

French built a battlefield weapon, a Medusa-headed monster capable of creating such levels. Probably killed a few cows, pigs, Murican tourists tryin ta touch the Mona Lisa's frame -- and other undesirables.

Prolly best forget conventional Helmholz resonators and variant 'speaker' transducer techno. Compressed air is the coupling, when at such humongous amplitudes. A size consideration, among others..

No, I haven't followed-up on 'progress' since. But simple physics shows it obviously possible, and how to do it. Where there's a will... (And we all know where the $ \ufffd are always spent FIRST: more effective killing.) It's virtually the Hallmark of our er civilizations. Resonance! - now we can kill with 'music' too. After all,

God is Love. And we surely are a God-ly People, to hear us tell about it..

Ashton

Ethics quiz: is it more merciful to kill millions slowly via Big-Mac ads with toys to lure kiddies and form their eating habits? or - to make Medusa-headed music-killers - which operate more er locally, but quicker?

Extra points for brevity & clarity, you lawstudents.
New Once again the LRPD captures the essence..
Cry Havoc! and loose the Dogs of War

{sigh}

LRPD Lives!
New Nope.
54Hz is way too high. There's too much happening in that range that if it was the range, you would see much more evidence.

According to [link|http://www.newphys.se/elektromagnum/physics/KeelyNet/flanagan/flan2.txt|this link] they pegged it about 13hz in a live situation in the 60s
Jay O'Connor

"Going places unmapped
to do things unplanned
to people unsuspecting"
New Huh? Read first 2 \ufffd, one more time.
I *SAID* that 54 Hz was about the anal sphincter. "On down" MEANS:

Yes you must go lower to kill, though even 54 WILL KILL after sustained high exposure. There can be no *ONE* lethal exact frequency, though 7- 20 hertz is indeed ~the range the French mentioned for 'best results'. Obviously different, size, shape, age carbon units will react according to F=MA.
More detail would need experiment - an obvious difficulty.

As to relevance of the barium titanate folk and their investigations - some I read there, is uncomfortably reminiscent of long pseudo-science papers amongst acolytes. Measuring the energy of chakras .. is just one such phrase. Nothing I saw about 140+ dB audio for nefarious purposes. (And that damn well won't be 'capacitively coupled', either!)

I will accept that resonance implies: you stay at One freq. long enough to see IF it's doing the job. So a merely continuous-sweep gen, isn't a likely effective mode. But there is no "13.10371" Hz magic death frequency, however romantic be the idea.

(Hey I'm an Ex- audio consultant too - Marantz, Crown, Revox, Infinity yada yada. They paid me $ too. None of that lore scales well to *this topic*, y'know?)

A.
     cool bumperstickers - (boxley) - (13)
         Avoid Smith & Wesson guns at all cost! What's the darn use.. - (CRConrad) - (12)
             You're confused again CRC. - (Ashton) - (11)
                 wp is okay I guess but I would much rather have - (boxley) - (10)
                     Cackle... urp.. ssssss - (Ashton) - (9)
                         yea fusing would be a problem - (boxley)
                         55Hz?!? - (jb4) - (7)
                             8-9Hz is the proper freq... - (Fearless Freep) - (6)
                                 Very low E - (jb4) - (1)
                                     Yes, but... - (Fearless Freep)
                                 The French did the research ~ '60s. Ethics quiz in box. - (Ashton) - (3)
                                     Once again the LRPD captures the essence.. - (Ashton)
                                     Nope. - (Fearless Freep) - (1)
                                         Huh? Read first 2 \ufffd, one more time. - (Ashton)

Push stick forward -- houses get bigger; pull stick back -- houses get smaller!
116 ms