IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Your doggie "Killer" isn't doing his job?
:-)

Supposedly dogs are still about the best crime-deterrent that's been invented.

Let us know how the lights work out! I'm slowly replacing the incandescents and fluroescents in our home, but we're not looking into "smart" lights yet.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Re: Your doggie "Killer" isn't doing his job?
I suspect that his appearance carries with it a certain deterrence effect, but the notion of an unfriendly human being falls very far outside the poor creature's Weltanschauung. It would no more occur to him to confront an intruder than it would to you or me to trample a toddler who happened to wander onto our premises. His likelier response would be "Hullo. Do you happen to have any doggie treats in your pocket?" About the closest I have ever seen him get to hostility to a human being is merely snubbing same.

I'm happy to have the deterrence effect, but since dogmo generally accompanies us when we're gone, I'm disposed to rely upon the simulated presence of citizens moving to and fro and lighting their way.

cordially,
New sounds like my daughter's dog
and since his breed is naturally quiet - he barks maybe once a month - his usefulness as a burglar deterrent hovers just above zero.

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar" 1897
New Crime-deterrent deterrent
Most of the B&E variety miscreants up here now carry pepper spray as standard equipment. Unless you have a whole pack of dogs, they stand no chance.
New Wow. :-(
     Remote lighting - (rcareaga) - (5)
         Your doggie "Killer" isn't doing his job? - (Another Scott) - (4)
             Re: Your doggie "Killer" isn't doing his job? - (rcareaga) - (1)
                 sounds like my daughter's dog - (lincoln)
             Crime-deterrent deterrent - (scoenye) - (1)
                 Wow. :-( -NT - (Another Scott)

Where's my tinfoil hat...?
71 ms