IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yep! The economy's really taking off. Especially for the "right" people.
The super rich got super richer as the gap between them and the rest of Americans continued to widen over the last few years, according to a new Federal Reserve report.

In its Study of Consumer Finances, released every three years, the Fed found that the wealthiest 3% of American households controlled 54.4% of the nation's wealth in 2013, a slight increase from its last survey in 2010. It's also substantially higher from the 44.8% they held in 1989, showing how quickly the income divide has been growing over the past decade or so.

At the same time, the share of wealth held by the bottom 90% fell to 24.7% in 2013. That's compared to 33.2% in 1989.

All of the income gains came from the wealthy, with the top 3% accounting for 30.5% of all income. The bottom of the scale continued to see their incomes shrink.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/09/08/luxury/super-rich-federal-reserve/index.html

Thank $DEITY we've got a "man of the People" in the White House!
New Pretty much.. the planet is ruled by oligarchies and by LIes, n'est ce pas?
While we argue about which player-du-jour is slightly less-corrupt? than yesterday's media star.

Can't find much corroboration though, for the assertion that "87' was it? Individuals in the dis-US own more than 50%/or was it 80% of total US ''net worth"
(screw anything about "annual income", always obscured.) 'Benevolence' is rarely found in the richest of all perps. Brain-wiring?
Collectively then, the common denominator for the inhabitants is corruption so vast that even Econ hasn't a neat formula for bloviations on that degree of wealth-gap.
Faced with such a situation, wherein the only option is seen to be violent revolution, none of us here has a clue about extrapolating beyond a few months at a time.

A Pox on all the past models too, then (V.I.'s, Karl's et al.) Malthus on Population though--holds up. Now we have to pity all the young'uns everywhere, especially those
who ever imagined a 'meritocracy' could exist. To me the matter(s) have become so surreal, it isn't much worth paying attention to the daily mouth noises.

So then, which dies first: Nationalism or simply, the whole planet-ful?
(Not enough are scared-sufficiently about the common nest's precarious state--even to imagine massive-cooperation as a goal.)

I punt.
     Obama Outperforms Reagan On Jobs, Growth And Investing - (lincoln) - (7)
         Unpossible! -NT - (drook) - (1)
             Not to mention besmirching a Saint! :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         As much as I dislike Uncle Ronnie, don't think it is comparable - (crazy) - (1)
             I'm starting to question that - (drook)
         counted unemployment different back then -NT - (boxley)
         Yep! The economy's really taking off. Especially for the "right" people. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
             Pretty much.. the planet is ruled by oligarchies and by LIes, n'est ce pas? - (Ashton)

They got the Discovery Channel, don't they?
33 ms