IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Keystone XL to create few jobs in construction, will cost jobs in the midwest.
http://www.bluevirginia.us/diary/12134/earth-to-barbara-comstock-keystone-pipeline-will-create-zero-jobs-in-virginia

*According to an independent study by researchers at Cornell University, not only is TransCanada's "claim that KXL will create 20,000 direct construction and manufacturing jobs in the U.S...not substantiated," to the contrary the "project will create no more than 2,500-4,650 temporary direct construction jobs for two years, according to TransCanada's own data supplied to the State Department."

*According to that same study: "KXL will divert Tar Sands oil now supplying Midwest refineries, so it can be sold at higher prices to the Gulf Coast and export markets. As a result, consumers in the Midwest could be paying 10 to 20 cents more per gallon for gasoline and diesel fuel. These additional costs (estimated to total $2-4 billion) will suppress other spending and will therefore cost jobs." That's right: "Put simply, KXL's job creation potential is relatively small, and could be completely outweighed by the project's potential to destroy jobs through rising fuel costs, spill damage and clean up operations, air pollution and increased GHG emissions."

*Regardless, none of those jobs will be located in Virginia, let alone the 10th CD of Virginia, which Comstock hopes to (mis)represent in Congress.

*According to another independent study of Keystone XL, this time by econometrics firm REMI ("Regional Economic Models, Inc"), "No research that we have identified can substantiate" claims that Keystone will create tens of thousands of jobs.

*Also, there's no evidence that any jobs will be created in states outside the path of the pipeline, which is not anywhere close to Virginia. As a commenter on another Virginia blog put it, "the pipeline isn't in Virginia, won't employ Virginians, won't serve Virginia, and has nothing to do with Virginia." That pretty much sums it up.

*Finally, it's important to remind the Barbara Comstocks of the world that the oil passing through Keystone XL is Canadian, and that most of it would "likely be exported as refined products by U.S. companies" to places like China.

*Finally, it's also important to remind everyone who the investors in the Canadian tar sands include: the Koch brothers and China.

Cheers,
Scott.
New why on earth would the gulf refineries which are at 110%
of capacity right now, be used to send refined products to china when there are perfectly good refineries in California? Buy a barrel of tar sands, sell it to highest bidder then buy refined products in Cali. Easier yet just buy what you need in california. Research pulled out of /dev/ass
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New That's a question for the TransCanada people, I think.
New well you think, the researchers obviously didnt :-)
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New The researchers didn't plan the pipeline
What do *you* think they plan to do with it.
--

Drew
New Easy.
Take a look at the WTI (West Texas Intermediate) Crude Oil price and the Brent Crude Oil price, say here:

Oil-Price.com.

Note the difference in prices. How do close the gap and make big bucks? Get the landlocked oil supply to the coast and international shipping. Laws need to be changed to export oil. But, when did the oil companies not get their way in Congress?
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New So long as the .01% Rules-as-now.. [well.. you know]
All the logic, Reason and science, however properly debated, etc. LOSES. (Is that debatable?)
In Prague: they had Guts; were defeated by usual military-overkill. (As may well happen here.)
Every year that planetary matters remain buried under Koch-grade disinfo, do we not move, inexorably towards the necessity of a Prague Murican Spring? How about the coming one?

Collectively, amidst a few millions of the 310+ there exist here: the Means, n-Methods galore (all needing refinement, regularly)--lacking only smartest manageable Opportunity + the Will/Guts/anti-complacency required to create the momentum equivalent to a 10-million man/woman/child "March" into our Versailles.
(Wordsmiths can create the Icons for our Potemkin/DC's Hindenburg and the mere [100 homo-sap bipeds] who literally-Own more than the bottom 80? 90?% of all material-digital-Wealth (via the ancient concepts of that frangible-word:)

And is not the dis-USA's plight almost totally a CONSTRUCT via nested-metaphors, as converge on: "Wealth"; its definition(s), its M.O.(s) and especially it's DISTRIBUTION amidst the millions ??
(Is this shit really that HARD to analyze?) If it is not that simple, please do correct.
Where is just one Murican Havel (or name any of 100 historical examples of those who rallied the timid, the gutless the perpetually ƒeare-ƒilled [hate that demographic cliche-word for decision-via-sales-prospects] ... so call it the Cowardly Group.

Forget name of now-elderly American wag, wry commenter on our foibles; his quip was to effect: We have lots of "communications" here, little communication. This is IMPORTANT and I can prove it:
Variants of the phrase get 140,000,000 HITS on Googol-plex1.

It does seem that 'we' are re-enacting Rumpelstiltskin: the yellow ribbon [noise] is tied on all the trees now via n-technologies: and the Pot of Gold [signal] is left at -160 dBm.
I not smart enough to draw-up a How-Exactly-to Counter a corrupt USSC, a Congress filled with those unwilling while unable to perform, a press owned by the [usual] and ... a daily diet of violence-based Distract-o-tainment, as has successfully mesmerized huge blocs of once-Citizens into effete inactive mindlessness--resembling catatonia.

(Nor will I rise to Anger, let-alone-RAGE, those oft-useful catalysts for meeting Opposing Forces.) Adrenaline wasted, kills as subtly as most Murican-spawned new diseases kill gumption. I'll save that until there are signs of a well-crafted, functioning Movement (as in 'Move-') that is not comprised merely of bloviators indistinguishable from Koch/Murdoch/neoconman rhetoric (but merely "opposed".)

In the End, part-of-moi almost-Wants to see this monstrous displaced-persons-Camp of Owners -vs- Serfs implode, that something might emerge from the rubble and decontamination. But I also realize that.. maybe only Gandhi achieved an authentic-Truce [despite Religion!!] amidst a building Paki-Hindu et al civil war: by fasting towards death and Meaning It so unequivocally that:
The Children Grew Up! for a few brilliant moments. (Of course today: that ex-India 'separatist'-bloc is fully engaged in its own US-like internecine warfare, but with quite fewer resources for any idea of reconciliation.)

Carrion. Soylent Orange can surely be crafted by Kraft, marketed by McD and consumed by sports-fans at distraction-designed stadia within the variously-enclosed temporary-Camps
(which some contend are already abuilding: both paranoid-silly AND, equally: possible--all things considered.)

Hmmm a new whitish stray showed up to cadge a meal. Needs a bath--impossible. Gotta find a way to set out food where he disappeared/without spooking him.
I figure that my morning-POST-checksum is valid==I not insane: just so long as THIS remains a much higher priority than any 'political pointless exercise',
amounting to Pearls before swine. Fixed-Game.

Just sent a stipend to a one needing food for self + two cats; Piss that away into a political black-hole?? Never. again. MrrrOWWWWrrrrrr
     Keystone XL to create few jobs in construction, will cost jobs in the midwest. - (Another Scott) - (6)
         why on earth would the gulf refineries which are at 110% - (boxley) - (5)
             That's a question for the TransCanada people, I think. -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 well you think, the researchers obviously didnt :-) -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                     The researchers didn't plan the pipeline - (drook)
             Easy. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                 So long as the .01% Rules-as-now.. [well.. you know] - (Ashton)

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for never shall they be disappointed.
41 ms