IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New do the bees die if you dont use a light at all for one night?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New I do not know - not here - but somewhere else?
New What I do know is, if the light is off in the evening . . .
. . I get bees through the windows and they start bouncing off the dining room lights. Guests find this disturbing.
New hmm, wonder what the attraction is? strange
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New Hive nearby?
http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php?topic=24577.0

Don't know what you could do about it. Maybe keep the light off for a few days, put a glob of honey somewhere at a far corner of the yard or something?

HTH.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Re: Hive nearby?
I know of no hive nearby. If there were one close, I'd see a lot of bees going to and fro. During the day I see almost no bees at all around here.

Looking out there around midnight, or even the wee hours, there might be one bee bouncing off the light. I have never seen them arriving because I get up when there is enough light to see by, but usually well before there is any direct sunlight. By this time there will already be a lot of dead bees on the porch - and no more arriving. I have never seen any arriving.

New Never having observed/noticed a bee at night .... puzzlement. Hypothesis:
May hap ... nicotinoids in the new Corporate Kill-ALL-with one $$$saving Application, have deranged the susceptibles in the colony? LOTS of susceptibles.

(Think about how little of some Substance-X might have deranged the Murdochs, CIEIOs, Cheneys? within the most pestilent species ever brewed-up by deranged-Chance?)

What if we are ALL Slaves to Demon-Probability and certain/rare such possible- molecular assemblages?

Per XKCD: Astatine, for example: does Not Want To Exist: get a few molecules of That-together and they 'catch-fire' violently, to the point: that no one has ever SEEN! even micro-size samples of this Element. (Nope, not even the μGm specks via which Seaborg got first real data about Pu's chemistry.)

The (local-) Universe is weirder than our poor power to make human-killing and species-eliminating toxins du jour. Prey either Way: as to hoping we get ?better? at the snuffing of most-anything that was ever once alive. :-/

Are we not a whole-lot like living-Astatine? (while making metaphor-games for fun & profit while screwing all other Considerations.) Hey, isn't that what 99% of Corporations DO? Rest case. For the nonce.

Ergo: At is NOT the bee-killer substance; on to the next quadrillion+ combos :-/
New Zombie flies?
http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/2012/01/03/zombie-fly-parasite-killing-honeybees/

The parasitic fly lays eggs in a bee’s abdomen. Several days later, the parasitized bee bumbles out of the hives—often at night—on a solo mission to nowhere. These bees often fly toward light and wind up unable to control their own bodies.
New Interesting. :-(
New Great sleuthing! Thanks.. in my area, too :-/
As I don't have night-lites except on motion-detectors, ns-see-um.
Maybe will leave one on.. and see if it's right-In my bailiwick. Will pass-around to local troops:
clearly this is some neural derangement, but in terminal phase. Have to see if N. Califonia is rife? or thus far unique.

(The Good-news! ..just seems to become more piddling; a small victory re some misanthrope CEO, a few nasty Pols getting a long-evaded comeuppance.)
A 0-endorphin diet in homo-saps ... over time might catalyze similar alterations, as in these poor Bees.
     Tried an LED Bulb - (Andrew Grygus) - (22)
         Have you tried a pure yellow light? - (crazy) - (14)
             Not yet, but I will. - (Andrew Grygus) - (13)
                 Failure. - (Andrew Grygus) - (12)
                     do the bees die if you dont use a light at all for one night? -NT - (boxley) - (9)
                         I do not know - not here - but somewhere else? -NT - (Andrew Grygus)
                         What I do know is, if the light is off in the evening . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                             hmm, wonder what the attraction is? strange -NT - (boxley)
                             Hive nearby? - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                 Re: Hive nearby? - (Andrew Grygus)
                             Never having observed/noticed a bee at night .... puzzlement. Hypothesis: - (Ashton)
                         Zombie flies? - (scoenye) - (2)
                             Interesting. :-( -NT - (Another Scott)
                             Great sleuthing! Thanks.. in my area, too :-/ - (Ashton)
                     Maybe a lamp cover - (malraux) - (1)
                         Thinking! ... our species short-suit.. -NT - (Ashton)
         White LEDs aren't "white". - (Another Scott)
         Hope this isn't a common occurrence elsewhere, or we'd have heard (??) - (Ashton) - (1)
             What puzzles me is, how come at least half are dead . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         The saga of the bees continues. - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
             Got a local college with either agriculture or biology programs? - (drook) - (2)
                 I've been thinking of going that route. -NT - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                     Kudoes.. - (Ashton)

I bellied up to the sandbar, and he poured me the usual: Rusty Snail, hold the grunion, shaken, not stirred. With a peanut butter and jellyfish sandwich on the side - heavy on the mako.
142 ms