IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New No, Amex, I don't want your $450/yr Platinum card. (Sheesh)
New Those things are a plague right now
High fee, no real benefits.

There's also the $2,500/yr AMEX Centurion card ($7,500 initiation fee): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centurion_Card

You need to show an annual spending rate of at least $250K...
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Zooks. Thanks for small favors, I guess. :-/
Maybe I'm officially an "old" now, but I refuse to get starry-eyed about "points". I don't even bother with frequent-flyer programs - I think they're a scam. (Plus, I don't fly that much.) J has a bunch of "points" with various airlines, and every year or so she has to buy some flowers or something else she doesn't want to keep them "active". The amount of "points" needed for a ticket mysteriously creeps up over time, too. Very strange!!111 :-/

Why should I pay $450 in advance to you, Mr. Amex, for (an eventual) $200 credit on in-flight beverages and fees that I never pay, a TSA Precheck credit (that I can get for free other ways), ..., and 100,000 "points" with all sorts of restrictions? Why shouldn't you pay me with real cash money to use your stupid plastic card instead, since you'll be making a fee from merchants when I use it (in addition to all the data-mining you'd love to do on me)? Your card won't do me any favors, since lots of places don't accept it anyway.

But I guess they find enough people who need the "status" to make it worthwhile. Oh well.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Scott.
New huh, my delta amex is $75 a year but I get free checked bags
since I do fly at least twice a year now it is worth it.
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New Lucky you.
:-)

We avoid checking bags whenever possible. The DC airports seem especially slow at getting bags out to the belts, and the waiting isn't fun. AUS seems very slow, too.

On smaller planes, we've had good luck with taking bags down the ramp and if they insist on taking them, fine. It doesn't cost us anything, and we get them back faster than if they go to the terminal carousels. I've never been unable to force my roller-bag in an overhead bin, but it has been taken from me a time or two (e.g. on a smaller Bombardier jet, IIRC).

Also too, a colleague and I were at a conference in Cancun once, years ago. It took him about 4 days to get his luggage after it decided to go somewhere else... :-/

But I do miss the days of filling a 3-suiter with anything I could potentially need on a trip and not having to worry about it.

Enjoy! :-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New 2 laptops 2 24in monitors keyboards cables week worth of clothes
business records and files. Hate checking bags but fargo is a fast unload, atl not so much
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New Good choice in your case.
New What do you mean "no real benefits"
You get to show off to the checkout clerk what a big wheel you are - just before being told, 'We don't accept American Express".
New rofl. :-)
New Well then, you might qualify for the $500/yr Black Visa from Barclays!
Concierge service 24/7.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Bargain! Everywhere you want to be!! "Hey, wait in line here for me."
     No, Amex, I don't want your $450/yr Platinum card. (Sheesh) -NT - (Another Scott) - (10)
         Those things are a plague right now - (malraux) - (7)
             Zooks. Thanks for small favors, I guess. :-/ - (Another Scott) - (4)
                 huh, my delta amex is $75 a year but I get free checked bags - (boxley) - (3)
                     Lucky you. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                         2 laptops 2 24in monitors keyboards cables week worth of clothes - (boxley) - (1)
                             Good choice in your case. -NT - (Another Scott)
             What do you mean "no real benefits" - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 rofl. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
         Well then, you might qualify for the $500/yr Black Visa from Barclays! - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Bargain! Everywhere you want to be!! "Hey, wait in line here for me." -NT - (Another Scott)

Please... I can't take this kind of stimulation! I got Disney tunes running all through my head at just the thought of it.
58 ms