IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Surely you exaggerate...
A scene such as you describe could not possibly occur in The Freest Country on Earth™—we all know that. I can only conclude, therefore, that:

1) Your account is not to be believed, or

2) If your account is to be believed, then it must have happened in some other country, or

3) If it happened here, then...oh, dear...we need to work on our branding.

Passing strange how we've passed by imperceptible degrees into a police state (I was going to say "full-fledged," but I suspect that the wingspan is nowhere near its maximum, and that the feathers will be the size of surfboards within our lifetimes), the while proclaiming our predatory empire as an exemplar of liberty. Your account is depressing, although not surprising.

This is what we are. This is where we live. At one time I would have urged an end to the hypocrisy of pretending not to be a police state, but the events of the last dozen years, prior to which I favored the abandonment of the pretense of a benign foreign policy, have given me a respect for hypocrisy as a brake, however slight, on the nation's darkest tendencies.

I'm sorry you had to endure this, and powerless to be anything more than sorry.

cordially,
New While I would have used more Anglo-Saxon modifiers,
and since I know that your intelligence is circumspect--before you write--I deem that your Conclusion is evidence enough that--the remaining dis-USA denizens of such mental adequacy concur. Maybe to the letter.

What we never can know in 2014 is: how large a minority are These? We already realize that Governance (all its conjugations) is not merely 'broken'--in the sense of massive ineptness to promulgate/enforce sane laws and procedures--but much the worse: concerning what those very laws ought to be about/how Enforcers are to be supervised, re-trained and forever Watched-over.

My philosophy knows not any Why? that this confluence of egregious nation-management AND dire planetary emergencies--capable of unprecedented unto fatal results/Certain-to reach 'fatal', via any reasonably ept predictions of the historical actions of the tribes in This-country--Why the convergence just Now?
It seems ~as-if the local Village Idiot [Not the neat-one of Python!] had AR-15'd all the saner citizens and schemed a much s l o w e r horrifying End for the remaining also-rans, not then exterminated.

When I ponder that the current Admin and it's Head, BHO: have already reinforced most of the oppressive and just plain bat-shit crazy aspects of the Shogunate and its execrable Neocon horde of discredited sociopaths--this while his intelligence must be among the highest of any Prez since the Founders!--I generate no self-congratulatory endorphins via this brilliant fucking-obvious deduction.

I cannot dwell upon the Odds.. that such a well-OIled-machine might be stopped in its tracks? by some (sufficiency???) of intelligence-driven mobs-with-torches.
Our materialism has now become the Only Cause deemed worth defending amidst what I deem to be a vast-Plurality of our fellow insouciant inmates.
We always KIll via a plethora of maniacal metaphors (ever since that Abel guy, to employ one) and there are 100x more guns out there than brains to trigger them.

Via mere stats + probability:... ... well, you know.
(Via my own few metaphysical orisons (one, two? quite-improbable, subsequent events) I think I'll be able to retain enough sanity to Observe with some equanimity, how the cleaning of the Augean Stables proceeds/does not even begin.)

Surely we are flat-amidst the Greatest Crap Shoot since the day before the Iridium-asteroid/mega-volcanoes deleted %90-ish of all species extant==more than Once.

Carrion. One can eat it/be it/or deny it exists.

Dr. Who surely shall visit-with-companions: the result of our next Efforts/supine do-Nothing-ism.
(Screw the Odds; Our Math remained incomplete well before Gödel's Proof/aka limited-conjecture, y'know?)
New American freedom is an illusion
Sure, you've got your guns and your free speech and the constitution.

But freedom has to work in practice, as well as in theory.

New dunno, we don't have minders on every block yet reporting to the council
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New Neither do we!
Result!
     further outrages - (rcareaga) - (16)
         "Death by a thousand cuts!" - (a6l6e6x)
         If you could just move your desk right to the back here ... -NT - (drook) - (10)
             I believe you have my stapler. -NT - (Another Scott) - (9)
                 At the moment my office looks - (rcareaga) - (8)
                     did they take claw hammers to your walls - (crazy) - (7)
                         Is there no legal recourse? - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                             Not a chance - (crazy)
                         Surely you exaggerate... - (rcareaga) - (4)
                             While I would have used more Anglo-Saxon modifiers, - (Ashton)
                             American freedom is an illusion - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                 dunno, we don't have minders on every block yet reporting to the council -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                     Neither do we! - (pwhysall)
         Is this an idiom you're using in earnest? - (CRConrad) - (3)
             Re: Is this an idiom you're using in earnest? - (rcareaga) - (2)
                 A number of people at a previous employer, - (malraux)
                 I've also heard the response, "As good as anyone else's." -NT - (mmoffitt)

5000 years from now, they'll all be mystified and have their tourist pics snapped in front of it.
60 ms