IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Keep the receipt and record the brat's words.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." --Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
New You kidding? Today we'd expect video
--

Drew
New True.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." --Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
New Is not the Case Closed?

As this article notes, it has gotten substantially worse with the widespread adoption/preoccupation with smart-phones and pervasive everwhere/everywhen availability of phone based texting/surfing:
Parents in 40 of the 55 families observed were absorbed in their mobile devices, according to the study. They seemed more distracted when they were typing and making swiping motions with the fingers than when making phone calls. And almost a third of the parents used their devices continuously throughout their meal.

[. . .]

Is that not a decent qed?

(Yeah.. yeah.. 'brats' annoy! Of All Ages unto senility.) Who. What. to Blame :-0

At least.. this synopsis reminded me vividly of the times I stayed with my Aunt (a grade-school teacher.) While she (and my Good-Gramma) were oft stern about my misbehaviors as needed a correction--with explanation!--she would always Answer my Questions, clearly paying full attention to decipher my tyke-grade imprecision.
(I recalled much later when she got one a bit wrong, though: explaining :why all those explosions in the car-engine aren't LOUD! (to us.) It was an OK guess on her part--she no mechanic, but she had magnets and other physics toys in her kit: A+ in my early-book.)

The mere Idea of having a tiny box-one-is-24/7 tethered-to? Does that now majority-situation deserve as much introspection as, say any other newly-crafted device (just as pop-music's morphing: now.. every Largo is played Prestissimo aka frantic replaces all previous concepts.)

I Will-not welcome our Cyborg-overlords; they seem all tutored by Bankers and similar defectives. I see Larger-motives playing out, re the masses.

My monkey-mind loves the miniaturization.. the Means via-which all that Artificial-Misintellgence has been shrunk to such a size ... on same level of appreciation as:
that Phil Irving found such a neat means of valve-actuation in the Vincent: mimicking much of the OHC advantages ... sans the bulk + expense. Cute, but no gravitas.

Methinks that you afficionados Know-not What You Do Do, as regards much of the Corporate-spawned gadgetry du jour. We may be getting more factoids/mSec than a Babbage-machine on steroids, BUT.. Attention-span IS time/factoid and much of those are ... sheer-Noise ergo ... well, you know.

Is there a formula relating Quantity-of-"Info" to Quality of/comprehension-of the putative Point? I seem to recall a progression from fact--relevance ... maybe to--occasional-Wisdom? But the author didn't tackle Massive-overload-of-trivia IIRC.

Oops.. time to oil the bearings in my dial-phone and blow the dust outta the Atwater-Kent: The Green Hornet is on.
New posting removed?
Oh well
     some day I will do this, or something like it - (crazy) - (5)
         Keep the receipt and record the brat's words. -NT - (folkert) - (2)
             You kidding? Today we'd expect video -NT - (drook) - (1)
                 True. -NT - (folkert)
         Is not the Case Closed? - (Ashton)
         posting removed? - (crazy)

My own limited experience with his work has struck me as being despondent in tone. I get that, but if I wanted to be hopeless and depressed about the state of the world I would just listen to the voices in my head.
99 ms