New America's Cult of Ignorance Is No Match for Asia's Cult of Intelligence
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." --Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
New Suspected this from afar, he confirms it's like that up close
--

Drew
New Well, that's their good side.
But, they have a dark side too. Japan for example has an underclass they call Burakumin that suffer significant discrimination. India has its caste system. Culture trumps intelligence in this social area.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."”

-- Isaac Asimov
New Good point.
Remains to be seen if they're getting mainly cram-doses of science/engineering, as is obviously their expanding aim--now that they have, first-time-ever, the Wealth to build lots of things
(Flip side: Affluenza for more Stuff is already epidemic; clone of mindset of us earlier rich folk.)

As to what historical information is inculcated? (especially views with truthiness, re recent past events) or what philosophies are acceeptable even to discuss? I no idea, yet.
Even less idea: how their %wise compares? with that of the dis-US + Euro.. as if there were any way to arrive at such numbers.

So if they get rilly-rilly Smart and build a Thermostellar Bomb to prove it?
     America's Cult of Ignorance Is No Match for Asia's Cult of Intelligence - (folkert) - (3)
         Suspected this from afar, he confirms it's like that up close -NT - (drook)
         Well, that's their good side. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Good point. - (Ashton)

Personally, I use pure auravedic grade ground hing, that way I know exactly what I'm getting.
74 ms