IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New We aren't broadcasting ATSC only, anymore
Haven't for quite a few years.

Anyway, OTA broadcast is spotty at best here in the US. Most everything is Cable, DSL or Satellite based.

I'm looking at getting one of these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815706005

One CableCard for $2/month, 6 tuners, MythTV machine looks to be good. HDMI Output for the front room and XBMC Clients for all the TVs (MK808 thumb sticks android based multimedia machines)
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." --Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
New (dupe/null)
Expand Edited by Ashton Aug. 6, 2014, 02:02:36 AM EDT
New Huh? Why remove it?
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." --Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
New Was unclear on concept
This box might eliminate their set-top-box; still have to pay their min-video + extra for HD.
Looks like I have to find a way to get PBS off-web (haven't checked that possibility.) Then this box could use own storage for time-shift and such, provide hdmi distrib--if I read that right.

Nothing is ever simple, eh?

My next stop is social-engrg: see if I can get-back deal I had, on which they arbitrarily reneged, dropping free-HD. So it's time to threaten wave-making (since I have a bill acknowledging our 'deal', implicitly.) They've had enough recent ugly publicity that--threatened letters to CIEIO et al: might get me to a District Suit.

Same old devious BS: they bet you won't fight (or realize how-to.) I will. (A neighbor had a similar run-in.. pursued and won--but District-level isn't always accessible.)
New Android Police: Tablo.
http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/08/18/tablo-streaming-hdtv-dvr-review-welcome-next-generation-cord-cutting/

It's a DVR for OTA HDTV. Some issues, of course. And it doesn't help if you're addicted to sports cable channels and the like. But it's something.

Cheers,
Scott.
(Who is glad he's not addicted to TV anymore.)
     Digital Broadcasting Standards Across The World - (pwhysall) - (16)
         Well ... - (drook) - (10)
             North 'Murica! - (malraux) - (1)
                 And a few islands in the Pacific, it looks like -NT - (drook)
             I just thought it was funny - fuck yeah, etc. -NT - (pwhysall)
             Yes. ATSC is substantially different. - (static) - (6)
                 Thanks.. wondered about such 'tailoring', - (Ashton) - (5)
                     It's really quite neat. - (static) - (4)
                         Hey.. it sounds Superior--just look at map! ..then U.S. aka duh. Once again. -NT - (Ashton) - (3)
                             Well, DVB-T was designed in Europe... - (static) - (2)
                                 But you don't have as many people *living* in those spaces, do you? -NT - (drook) - (1)
                                     Some. - (static)
         We aren't broadcasting ATSC only, anymore - (folkert) - (4)
             (dupe/null) -NT - (Ashton) - (2)
                 Huh? Why remove it? -NT - (folkert) - (1)
                     Was unclear on concept - (Ashton)
             Android Police: Tablo. - (Another Scott)

It's their own fault! If they wanted to break the law without consequences, they should have gone into banking.
94 ms