IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New R.I.P. Tommy Ramone

Tommy Ramone, the drummer and last surviving original member of the American punk band the Ramones, whose aggressive and fast-driving songs spearheaded the punk-rock movement, has died at the age of 65, an associate said on Saturday.

[...]

The Ramones performed 2,263 concerts between their formation in 1974 and final show in 1996. They released 21 studio, live and compilation albums over a 20-year period, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame said.

Guitarist Johnny Ramone, born John Cummings, died of prostate cancer in 2004. SingerJoey Ramone, born Jeff Hyman, died of lymphoma in 2001. Bassist Dee Dee Ramone, born Douglas Colvin, died the following year of a heroin overdose.

"They're all gone now," Carrie Brownstein, co-founder of the band Sleater-Kinney and star of the show "Portlandia," said in a tweet. "R.I.P. Tommy Ramone."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/chi-tommy-ramone-dead-20140712,0,7671227.story

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain, '“Pudd'’nhead Wilson'’s New Calendar'” 1897
New Thanks. BMAN beat you
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." --Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
Expand Edited by folkert July 12, 2014, 07:18:51 PM EDT
     R.I.P. Tommy Ramone - (lincoln) - (1)
         Thanks. BMAN beat you - (folkert)

DIRE WOOFS! DIRE WOOFS, YOU ASWIPES!
36 ms