IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Incomplete...
For example they left out GOMER - Get Outa My Emergency Room.

There are a number of others. I try not to think back on my days in the medical dodge...
"Religion, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable."
~ AMBROSE BIERCE
(1842-1914)
New That one is actually there.
But, this is timely. I'm getting an out-patient eye surgery Friday, so while I'm conscious I can be listening for acronyms! :) The operation is a combination of DSEK (Descemet's Stripping Endothelial Keratoplasty) and cataract surgery on my left eye. In plain English, DSEK is a transplant of the inner layer of the cornea. I had the same done a couple of years ago on my right eye. Functionally I'll be a cyclops for a few days.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."”

-- Isaac Asimov
New Luck!!
New Domo arigato!!
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."”

-- Isaac Asimov
New Re: Domo arigato!!
And to use one of the words in the list, thanks also to those who ride Donorcycles. That's one source of corneas and parts thereof. The parts are kept in a deep freeze and thawed just before use.
Alex

-- Isaac Asimov
New ULP!! ... er, that's a wake-up call fer the Vrooom-folk, I wot. :-0
New Yes, "donorcycle" was one of my favorites too.
     Medical Humor, for those inclined - (dmcarls) - (9)
         They've got a strange sense of humor. Goes with the territory, I guess... -NT - (Another Scott)
         Incomplete... - (hnick) - (6)
             That one is actually there. - (a6l6e6x) - (5)
                 Luck!! -NT - (Another Scott) - (4)
                     Domo arigato!! -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
                         Re: Domo arigato!! - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                             ULP!! ... er, that's a wake-up call fer the Vrooom-folk, I wot. :-0 -NT - (Ashton)
                             Yes, "donorcycle" was one of my favorites too. -NT - (Andrew Grygus)
         Every industry has this. - (static)

The simplest explanation is that I'm an idiot!
48 ms