IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New +10 agreed.
I know of a person that had planned to buy and ordered the 2nd 50 year anniversary corvette off the production line. He had a standing order for it, until it was able to be ordered... his was ordered about 2 minutes after the system allowed it.

He had his basement specially re-done on his house... had a seal-able single piece garage door built into the basement... (Yeah an idiot I know) and had the car put on trolleys first, trailered to his house, delivered to the basement, had it prepped for long term storage. Battery acid removed from battery and "kept" in an appropriate container. Gasoline removed from the whole system... a special preservative sprayed into the tanks and fuel lines and had the cylinders prepped and the oil drain and the motor also "sprayed with conservation fluids. removed the coolants... the brake fluids, the transmission similar treatments, the rear axle... rubber preservative gel/conditioner on all thing rubber. Wheel and tires were dismounted and suspension was off the ground. Tires were treated with preservation and bead were broken from the wheels. Plus a myriads of other thing, including the extra memory batteries in the car for things were removed. Filters were removed and stored. Blah blah blah...

All in all he spent a little over $10,000 prepping the car and about $20,000 prepping the basement and transport fees. Let alone the sticker price plus special handling fee for the car.

I don't know if he got the Coupe or Convertible.

But sources has it, the around $50K paid is the top price it is going to see for a long long while. I'm seeing plenty of 0 miles cars for sale and they are getting offers of $35K, with guarantees of 0 miles and everything preserved.

Gonna be a LONG LONG time before he flips the value.

He did this because his brother did some thing similar (though not anywhere *CLOSE* to this level of storage) with a 40th Anniversary and found the right idiot and gained $25,000 from the purchase price and he had about 1,000 miles on it to boot. Of course the 40th was a ZR-1... by far my favorite one so far.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." --Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
New It is so difficult to know which cars will rise in value.
     Mopar comes roaring back - (lincoln) - (11)
         Re: Mopar comes roaring back in a straight line - (boxley) - (10)
             Wow... - (folkert)
             I'll bet most of the buyers will put them on blocks in a storage unit. - (Another Scott) - (8)
                 +10 agreed. - (folkert) - (1)
                     It is so difficult to know which cars will rise in value. -NT - (static)
                 I wonder if the active exhaust is like V-Boost intake on the V-Max - (drook) - (4)
                     Wrong end of the motor. - (folkert) - (2)
                         Other end, but could work the same - (drook) - (1)
                             There is... - (folkert)
                     No. Look's like Scott is the winner. - (scoenye)
                 That Mopar would even contemplate such an 'entry' in 2014 - (Ashton)

A user complaining that Facebook doesn't work well is like a cow complaining that the slaughterhouse doesn't work well.
36 ms