IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Balance
There are hundreds (thousands) of Jedi. The Republic is at peace under thier guardianship. There are only two Sith. They have to work in the shadows, behind the scenes. I read the whole balance in the force thing as "be careful what you wish for, you may get it". If Anakin and the Palpatine kill all but two jedi (Obi Wan and Yoda), and takes his place at Palpatine's side as he will, there will be balance. 2 Jedi and 2 Sith. Of course, those 2 sith would now have the might of the empire to wield, but the force users (Jedi and Sith) would be in balance.

Later, Luke fixes the problem and restores imbalance (good over evil) in the force.

I don't remember them saying that the Sith brought imbalance, just that someone would bring balance. They seem to think this would be an improvement over the current situation. If they did say the Sith brought imbalance then that shoots a hole in my theory :)

Also, I don't think Luke (and Leia) are clones. It is unclear when Vader finds out Luke is his son (or if he knew all along). Maybe after the end of Star Wars he did some investigation and found out he grew up with his half brother on Tatooine and put it all together. And cloning wouldn't explain Leia (or would it).

--
Chris Altmann
New Luke and Liea
I think after Anakin turned to Vader, that Old Obi or Yoda hid the twins in two different locations so that Vader wouldn't raise them up to use the dark side of the force.

"If you strike me down now, I will become more powerful than you possibly could imagine!" What did Obi mean by that? By striking him down, Luke would be forced to finish training and come back to battle Vader? Isn't that like hate, and the wrong side of the force? FBog!

I am free now, to choose my own destiny.
New Imbalance
I think that the energy around all living things, etc was disturbed by the Dark Side and that Anakin was "the one" to restore balance so that others would not disturb or imbalance the force. The Sith clouded the visions that the Jedi used to rely on, thus imbalancing out the force. Anakin was not "the one", but Luke was, his son.

I am free now, to choose my own destiny.
     I should slap Lucas. - (Brandioch) - (28)
         You've been reading Huey's take, haven't you? - (Another Scott) - (11)
             I like that. :) - (Brandioch) - (10)
                 I saw it today - (orion) - (8)
                     More spoilers. Do not read. - (Brandioch) - (7)
                         Re: More spoilers. Do not read. - (altmann) - (5)
                             Re: More spoilers. Do not read. - (imric) - (4)
                                 Gaelic 'Sidhe' is pronounced 'She'. Not too close to Sith :) -NT - (hnick)
                                 Balance - (altmann) - (2)
                                     Luke and Liea - (orion)
                                     Imbalance - (orion)
                         All of which might serve to show that, - (Ashton)
                 Is this why they suck so much? - (Brandioch)
         Nitpickers - (orion)
         Mr. Cranky reviews Attack Of The Clones - (orion) - (5)
             Good One, Orion! (I was Crankier - first!) - (Ashton) - (4)
                 Howard The Duck - (orion) - (1)
                     Watch it... I Liked that movie! - (Ashton)
                 From the paper, the other day: HP5 delayed, not before 2003. -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                     {Ugh} ... bad news :( but OK - prefer quality over speed. -NT - (Ashton)
         Decided not to see it - (Silverlock)
         That's Mr. Yoda to you... - (inthane-chan)
         Finally went to see it - (drewk) - (6)
             Of course you know - (orion)
             I seem to be the only person who was bothered by their math? - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                 Maybe - (drewk)
                 Bothered by different math - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
                     The time line is OK - (ben_tilly)
                 Lucas math - (orion)

This is nothing compared to Grand Theft Auto III, because you can't steal a taxi cab, pick up somebody, then drive into the ocean with him.
83 ms