IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Ouch. Rest well.
New More info...
The power supply in one of the units screwed up everything else.

Apparently the Fan failed... which took the power supply out... which back feed through the chaining and downlinks/uplinks.

Just friggin burned me up... about as much as the outage did.

Enterprise equipment isn't *SUPPOSED* to burn up like that. Grrr.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." --Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
New Re: More info...
..just needs a 'crowbar' device to blow an appropriate fuse (from stored energy in regular/or from an isolated) fucking-Capacitor. In each fancy-thin 'enterprise' shiny-black box-thing.
(And I guess they never heard of thermistors, or just any old PN or NP junction for a sensor. Duh.)

Jeez, do I gots to fix Everything from these design-on-screen [then: Ship it] folk who can't even solder?
New no, real data centers have those things
dual power supplies redundant links everywhere but even then humans go wrong. A miswired electrical had both redundant power supplies on a single leg, oops the collapse of that leg during a "test" blew the whole effing thing. Made the new york news
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New Ah.. OK, just another human Oopps brings down the Corp. Hindenburg :-/
New You'd think it was obvious...
When I (briefly) ran a small data center installation, I made sure all the boxes with dual power-supplies were even on different UPSs.

And then I discovered the UPS software wasn't aware of this possibility.

Wade.
New well in the bigs
you have 48 volt frames, you have dual power supplies tied to dual transformers that supply current. Each of the frames is served by DC from a humungous battery center supplied by 2 (power company transformers) each on a different AC leg. That is good until power dies, then large generators kick in to assist the downage of AC power. All of this assumes the blueprints are correct. Sometimes they are not. That gets you a mention in the national papers.
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
     So... 1070 minutes. - (folkert) - (8)
         Ouch. Rest well. -NT - (Another Scott) - (6)
             More info... - (folkert) - (5)
                 Re: More info... - (Ashton) - (4)
                     no, real data centers have those things - (boxley) - (3)
                         Ah.. OK, just another human Oopps brings down the Corp. Hindenburg :-/ -NT - (Ashton)
                         You'd think it was obvious... - (static) - (1)
                             well in the bigs - (boxley)
         :( sorry man -NT - (Steve Lowe)

To boldly go where no LRPD has gone before.
52 ms