IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Reminder: Go here now.
http://www.fcc.gov/comments

Click on 14-28. Do it. Make a comment. Review others comments if you want before you add yours. There are some *very* good ones... of course there are some "Me no likey" comments and some "HULK MAD!" ones. Overall though, I'm surprised at the sheer number of these.

If you need context... please waste 13 minutes and watch this, John poliver probably described it in the best terms understandable by cretins, old guys, non-techies and people like us, ever:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpbOEoRrHyU

Remember *DO IT* Please Ashton do your bestest. rcareaga please carry on. crazy, yeah diatribes welcome. Yes even boxley, just friggin do it. Anyone else I've not mentioned... that are in the USofA ('Murica... YEAJ!) I expect you all to comment. Pretty please with powered alcohol on it?

I'm still working on my comments at this moment. They'll be up there.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." --Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
New Nothing there... Overloaded?
"Religion, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable."
~ AMBROSE BIERCE
(1842-1914)
New Really? I'm seeing this...
Click on it to see a larger version:

--
greg@gregfolkert.net
New apps.fcc.gov taking forever...
New Thanks for the nudge!
Got a short comment in.

They'll be counting For and Against comments at most anyways.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."”

-- Isaac Asimov
New [blah, blah, blah] could not insert [blah, blah, blah]
I'll try again, but no luck so far.

Here's my submission (at the moment):

While I recognize the constraints the FCC is under given the recent court rulings, I feel it is vital that you construct rules going forward that maximize the non-discriminatory transmission of information. Companies that own choke-points in the internet (e.g. the last mile) and operate as a near-monopoly must not be permitted to be gate-keepers or toll-collectors. And no, something like a consent decree that prohibits mopolistic toll-collecting for 1-10 years is not sufficient. The internet must be nondiscriminatory going forward, not just for some limited time. If all of these things mean that broadband must be classified as a public utility, then do so. Do not permit a few loudmouths in Congress to bully you from doing your job to serve the public interest (now and in the future). I appreciate the difficulty you face. Choose well.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Perfect prose.
Classified as a Common Carrier and/or a public utility!

And be done with it.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
New Submitted. Was really fast at the moment.
     Reminder: Go here now. - (folkert) - (7)
         Nothing there... Overloaded? -NT - (hnick) - (2)
             Really? I'm seeing this... - (folkert) - (1)
                 apps.fcc.gov taking forever... -NT - (Another Scott)
         Thanks for the nudge! - (a6l6e6x)
         [blah, blah, blah] could not insert [blah, blah, blah] - (Another Scott) - (2)
             Perfect prose. - (folkert)
             Submitted. Was really fast at the moment. -NT - (Another Scott)

At the tone, please leave a message. *beep*
85 ms