IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Privacy Under Attack, Snowden, et al
Great letter, Rand!

Here's a long article, but worth the read when you have the time. (~42 printed pages)

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/may/27/-sp-privacy-under-attack-nsa-files-revealed-new-threats-democracy
New Moglen has another acolyte today.
Many thanks for finding this; the best sequential summary of what is at stake laterally and sequentially. I'd hate to have missed this,
as the many words are all necessary and many writers have narrowed their focus to just obvious issues.

That Zuckerberg can whip out pocket change of $30-MIllions to buy up all adjacent property for His privacy indicts the entire Vulture-capitalism system (again).
Another case beyond irony, given his apparent plans for further enhancing FB-mining-for-$$M-->$$B.
Moglen manages to make that point en passant (seems to possess enough chops for the context: historical, legal and obviously an intellect to eliminate many bogus rationales.)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eben_Moglen

He properly-nailed NYT for its cowardice?/politically-loaded manipulation?/both? in '04. Clearly this info pre-election would have created changed attitudes in many;
we'll never know now: How? changed, in How-many??

Can we draft him for Prez?
Obama became Noticed.. immediately via his civil rhetoric, last seen of such quality.. decades past, well before Murica replaced the concept of America,
comity and compromise--with dueling slogans and all that's now become bat-shit-crazy.

It may be that BHO could have delivered on many of his principles in that America. Or not--if he believes still? that his adoption virgo-intacta, all of Shogunate
'security', leaving Patriot Act unchallenged, hiring their financiers and other apparatchiks: this actually circumscribes his world-view [??]
(Certainly I can not see the reconciliation of his rhetoric and many of these actions. Gehabt Kindern==that's Lots of us.)

Moglen seems capable of navigating the new swamp.. thus far in my reading. First pass on this article was too fast; I think it needs ... breaks ... to contemplate
..what he just said; let it marinate before going on to another equally compact and pithy passage.

It's a treat! Hope this boffo manifesto soon grows LEGS.
(Obviously NYT wouldn't have published it: they're dirty, now.
New Ellsberg's response to Kerry in The Guardian
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/may/30/daniel-ellsberg-snowden-fair-trial-kerry-espionage-act

Daniel Ellsberg: Snowden would not get a fair trial – and Kerry is wrong
Edward Snowden is the greatest patriot whistleblower of our time, and he knows what I learned more than four decades ago: until the Espionage Act gets reformed, he can never come home safe and receive justice

John Kerry was in my mind Wednesday morning, and not because he had called me a patriot on NBC News. I was reading the lead story in the New York Times – "US Troops to Leave Afghanistan by End of 2016" – with a photo of American soldiers looking for caves. I recalled not the Secretary of State but a 27-year-old Kerry, asking, as he testified to the Senate about the US troops who were still in Vietnam and were to remain for another two years: How do you ask a man to be the last man to die for a mistake?

I wondered how a 70-year-old Kerry would relate to that question as he looked at that picture and that headline. And then there he was on MSNBC an hour later, thinking about me, too, during a round of interviews about Afghanistan that inevitably turned to Edward Snowden ahead of my fellow whistleblower’s own primetime interview that night:

There are many a patriot – you can go back to the Pentagon Papers with Dan Ellsberg and others who stood and went to the court system of America and made their case. Edward Snowden is a coward, he is a traitor, and he has betrayed his country. And if he wants to come home tomorrow to face the music, he can do so.

On the Today show and CBS, Kerry complimented me again – and said Snowden "should man up and come back to the United States" to face charges. But John Kerry is wrong, because that's not the measure of patriotism when it comes to whistleblowing, for me or Snowden, who is facing the same criminal charges I did for exposing the Pentagon Papers.

As Snowden told Brian Williams on NBC later that night and Snowden's lawyer told me the next morning, he would have no chance whatsoever to come home and make his case – in public or in court.

[. . .]

..Working on my missive to the former maverick-Kerry (of 9 years-before-Ronnie, thence the loss of most American hopes, ever since that B-actor.)
--who ratted-out fellow actors before HUAC, the sanctimonious, cowardly twit.

But now, after this riposte: it seems I will be piling-on; there's no doubt that, whatever his filter-people do: Kerry Will be getting diss-mail up the wazoo.

Will he 'buffer' that? (vanity's standard LaLaLa response) or ... revert to an authentic Outlier and.. Man-up?
Could Happen but, you know..
(Hey.. I'm older than that sucker, and I sure-as-fuck ain't bought the Repo hook-line-sinker fantasy; wtf's His excuse? senility? or.. just now rich-enough..
to remain detached from all that evident U.S. internal-rot?)
New Re: Ellsberg's response to Kerry in The Guardian
By gawd, my little squeak of reproach will likely never reach the Secretary's desk, but that magisterial blast will certainly catch his attention.
John Kerry's challenge to Snowden to return and face trial is either disingenuous or simply ignorant that current prosecutions under the Espionage Act allow no distinction whatever between a patriotic whistleblower and a spy. Either way, nothing excuses Kerry's slanderous and despicable characterizations of a young man who, in my opinion, has done more than anyone in or out of government in this century to demonstrate his patriotism, moral courage and loyalty to the oath of office the three of us swore: to support and defend the Constitution of the United States.
Man, that's bound to sting if, as I persist in believing, there remain some vestiges of integrity and conscience slumbering uneasily beneath all the accumulated coral of power. Preach it, Brother Ellsberg!

cordially,
New Thou sayest re the BIggest of the crap-shoots before us/the dis-USA.
In the memorable query of Mr. Welch on the Day that he + cohorts handed-his-Head to Joseph {Tail-gunner Joe} McCarthy, ~~ but close-enough:
Senator, at long last ... have you no sense of decency ... at all?

This after McC had--completely gratuitously--interjected into the proceedings a scurrilous innuendo to the effect that a young man on Welch's staff (David Schine? IIRC)
just might be ... A HOMOSEXUAL!?.
Translation into the vernacular: (== deviant, Commsymp WDYHASM-spewing infra-human er, 'Kike'--also-too.)

[The above for modrin readers to whom these matters are evanescent snippets of antediluvian weirdness.]

How MANY? of present persons-of-note, here in 2014, RETAIN a Sense of DECENCY?? (on any hot-topic Whatsoever.)

I suspect that (were such a question ever convincingly-answerable/given the 99.99%-spin/knuckle-balls behind every single on-camera utterance:
WE would -simply- be able to foresee our..? ... fershure-OUR (collective-) FATE. In a trice.

Personally I see.. I See: a handful of unarguably Mensch-calibre (of all genders) auf alles in Die Welt.
But then, I have not met everybody. My sense of Mensch/Murican-capita seems to coalesce at ~ [0.0001% +/- 0.001%] aka, 5-avge in each State?
YMMV: any Pollyannas out there (still?)

Carrion. (It can be tasty to the already-starving.)

Law above fear, justice above law, mercy above justice, love above all.
(er, Live-it or.. fucking Die-like-a-dawg.)
     printed & mailed to Secretary Kerry today - (rcareaga) - (9)
         Wish I'd said that. - (Ashton) - (1)
             Bit if there's three, you've got a movement -NT - (drook)
         very well stated -NT - (boxley)
         Excellent. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         Privacy Under Attack, Snowden, et al - (dmcarls) - (4)
             Moglen has another acolyte today. - (Ashton)
             Ellsberg's response to Kerry in The Guardian - (Ashton) - (2)
                 Re: Ellsberg's response to Kerry in The Guardian - (rcareaga) - (1)
                     Thou sayest re the BIggest of the crap-shoots before us/the dis-USA. - (Ashton)

Loaded with more RAM than a goat festival!
78 ms