IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 2 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New More spoilers. Do not read.
It's been 10 years between the first and the second movie. And no one has thought of getting Vader's mommy out of slavery? And don't tell me it is because a Jedi can't have attachments. Someone who would abandon his mommy to a life of slavery on a desert planet is NOT someone I'd place any trust in.

Now, speaking of Jedi's and attachments. The "younglings" Yoda was teaching seemed pretty young. What kind of people take children and raise them with "no attachments" like that? Again, not someone I'd trust.

So, Vader and Armadillo have to get married in secret. Why? Are there only TWO ways our of the Jedi? Dead or Dark Side? "Thanks for everything, Obi, but I've fallen in love and I'll be resigning now. Here's my saber and my robes. You've been great. I'd like you to be my best man."

Sith Lords and clouding the Force. Hmmm, so, when there is trouble sensing, there might be a Sith Lord near by. Assuming there is some distance limitation. But none of the Jedi can grasp that there might be one on the planet. Jedi are DUMB.

I didn't notice the video game. I'll have to look if I go again. :)

JarJar must die. What POSSIBLE reason could ANYONE have for having him stand in for the Queen/Senator?

Yep, Vader is starting to become "evil". And his only "attachments" allowed (Obi and Yoda and so on) don't seem to have a CLUE as to what is happening or why or how to help him through these adolescent, hormonal issues. So they let the most powerful Jedi (apprentice), just muddle through life? Aside from the Jedi Code (can't do this or this or this or this) to help him through the questions (if I love her and it is forbidden, can I do it in secret?). They seem to be betting that he'll, somehow, manage to make the right choices while avoiding the Dark Side which offers him everything that they deny him.

"And now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb."
Dark Helmet "Spaceballs"
New Re: More spoilers. Do not read.
On mommy. Maybe he could sense that she was OK, even happy (she married the guy that bought her from Watto). Maybe he figured he'd wait till he was a full-on independent Jedi before coming home to impress mom.

On JarJar. That's what happens when you elect a total idiot. He ends up giving the keys to the kingdom away. Besides, JarJar was a war hero, and his people possibly represent half the population of Naboo.

On Jedi cluefulness. It was mentioned that with Sith lords, there can be only 2, master and apprentice (apparently to keep them all from killing each other). It was also mentioned, in episodes I and II, that prophecy says that Anakin is the one that will bring balance to the force. I almost immediately interpreted that to be "he will kill all but 2 of the Jedi and turn to the dark side, becoming one of the 2 Sith". Yoda and his toadies seem to be oblivious to this interpretation, or are living in denial. Of course we know that he becomes Darth Vader, but still.
--
Chris Altmann
New Re: More spoilers. Do not read.
Boba Fett wa a clone of Django - Boba call Django 'Dad'.

Is Luke Anakin's clone, genetically modified to be more tractable to the Jedi way?

After the Sith (Sidhe?) unbalance the force (I guess that's what's supposed to have happened to make all the Jedi weaker, as they admitted), including Anakin, maybe, in a way (as Luke), he DOES 'bring balance' to the Force....

*evil grin*

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.
New Gaelic 'Sidhe' is pronounced 'She'. Not too close to Sith :)
New Balance
There are hundreds (thousands) of Jedi. The Republic is at peace under thier guardianship. There are only two Sith. They have to work in the shadows, behind the scenes. I read the whole balance in the force thing as "be careful what you wish for, you may get it". If Anakin and the Palpatine kill all but two jedi (Obi Wan and Yoda), and takes his place at Palpatine's side as he will, there will be balance. 2 Jedi and 2 Sith. Of course, those 2 sith would now have the might of the empire to wield, but the force users (Jedi and Sith) would be in balance.

Later, Luke fixes the problem and restores imbalance (good over evil) in the force.

I don't remember them saying that the Sith brought imbalance, just that someone would bring balance. They seem to think this would be an improvement over the current situation. If they did say the Sith brought imbalance then that shoots a hole in my theory :)

Also, I don't think Luke (and Leia) are clones. It is unclear when Vader finds out Luke is his son (or if he knew all along). Maybe after the end of Star Wars he did some investigation and found out he grew up with his half brother on Tatooine and put it all together. And cloning wouldn't explain Leia (or would it).

--
Chris Altmann
New Luke and Liea
I think after Anakin turned to Vader, that Old Obi or Yoda hid the twins in two different locations so that Vader wouldn't raise them up to use the dark side of the force.

"If you strike me down now, I will become more powerful than you possibly could imagine!" What did Obi mean by that? By striking him down, Luke would be forced to finish training and come back to battle Vader? Isn't that like hate, and the wrong side of the force? FBog!

I am free now, to choose my own destiny.
New Imbalance
I think that the energy around all living things, etc was disturbed by the Dark Side and that Anakin was "the one" to restore balance so that others would not disturb or imbalance the force. The Sith clouded the visions that the Jedi used to rely on, thus imbalancing out the force. Anakin was not "the one", but Luke was, his son.

I am free now, to choose my own destiny.
New All of which might serve to show that,
A) Lucas ain't his alleged mentor - Joseph Campbell (who didn't live to see the release of the first of the SW stuff IIRC). It certainly shows that George never came *near* to grokking to fullness, what it was that Campbell was 'about'. But, George had $ and could dumb Anything down enough to "work with it". Settle for 'titillate' - much EZier. (Make some cute Elves, say. Give them Big soulful eyes' like on them classy velvet paintings by Kean)

B) In a culture which has left no Useful myths, only tattered remnants of ones from even more bestial [?arguable, that] and savage times - the Hollywood CB DeMilles du jour can always manage to create shallowness, unthought-out inconsistent veneers over the same-old sameold Shoot 'Em Up oaters. Add new digital technology, stir, advertise; sell overpriced tickets to legions of compulsive talkers who think they're at home in front of the 800" Tee Vee, drinkin Bud Light. (Umm make the Big bucks from the DVDs natch)

C) Anything 'new' in sight? Don't see anything.

Ashton
     I should slap Lucas. - (Brandioch) - (28)
         You've been reading Huey's take, haven't you? - (Another Scott) - (11)
             I like that. :) - (Brandioch) - (10)
                 I saw it today - (orion) - (8)
                     More spoilers. Do not read. - (Brandioch) - (7)
                         Re: More spoilers. Do not read. - (altmann) - (5)
                             Re: More spoilers. Do not read. - (imric) - (4)
                                 Gaelic 'Sidhe' is pronounced 'She'. Not too close to Sith :) -NT - (hnick)
                                 Balance - (altmann) - (2)
                                     Luke and Liea - (orion)
                                     Imbalance - (orion)
                         All of which might serve to show that, - (Ashton)
                 Is this why they suck so much? - (Brandioch)
         Nitpickers - (orion)
         Mr. Cranky reviews Attack Of The Clones - (orion) - (5)
             Good One, Orion! (I was Crankier - first!) - (Ashton) - (4)
                 Howard The Duck - (orion) - (1)
                     Watch it... I Liked that movie! - (Ashton)
                 From the paper, the other day: HP5 delayed, not before 2003. -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                     {Ugh} ... bad news :( but OK - prefer quality over speed. -NT - (Ashton)
         Decided not to see it - (Silverlock)
         That's Mr. Yoda to you... - (inthane-chan)
         Finally went to see it - (drewk) - (6)
             Of course you know - (orion)
             I seem to be the only person who was bothered by their math? - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                 Maybe - (drewk)
                 Bothered by different math - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
                     The time line is OK - (ben_tilly)
                 Lucas math - (orion)

Over 9000!
59 ms