IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New MS OneDrive/Sharepoint modifies Cloud files.
Just another thing to worry about/be aware of if you put business files on the cloud...

http://www.myce.com/...s-it-syncs-71168/

Check the comments, too. It's apparently "well documented" Sharepoint behavior, but still...

(via a comment in this thread - https://plus.google....posts/jVi9whpDmmu )

Cheers,
Scott.
New Though this concerns me not, it leads to Fun.. of a sort
Nice/nasty Catch! O gargantuan Googleist..

We PBS-Mystery types do love a well-documented sleuthing (I could even grok-to-tepid the methods employed in verification that these effects are Real.)
Especially appreciated the closing comments re COURT cases! and {anything remotely resembling..} CONFIDENTIALITY. er, BWA HaHaHa! kindern.

Y.P.B. (needing a special-key for that, more often..)

Seems (not just my livid imagination) that: The Light of Other Days has Happened.
Sans worm-hole McGuffins; in-effect: there no longer IS a true-connection between the word Digital and the word Privacy. Period.

(Nor can it be long before, pleasurable activities involving precious bodily fluids, shall become WorldWide HDTeeVee snippets
for the Other 8.999999 billions of voyeurs (along with Their-own episodes.)
No need for Selfies: yer On Camera!--just d/l the video. (OK--$10/month for 9B channels?)

As-If: 21st Century bipeds had nary a one Real-priority-matter to Work On ... just Virtual chewing-gum-for sedated minds: *Snooping perpetually/mindlessly.
(How many have Told Us THIS was Coming inexorably? even way-back before we'unses here, were spawned? I lost count..)

* Also too: Get It *ALL* Down! such that, a single brain-pan would need to scan until the heat-death of our local Universe--with still a lotta yottabytes left.

Helluva Play, eh? (Part of moi--I contain multitudes--Loves. It.) ;^>
New The sky is not falling.
OneDrive for Business _is_ SharePoint - it's the new new name for SharePoint Workspace to be more precise. Syncing with a SharePoint server in the MS cloud. It is thus a completely different thing from OneDrive (consumer) and why MS marketing chose to confuse it this way I guess we'll never understand.

SharePoint is a DMS not a filesystem, and it syncs document management metadata from, and _to_, the documents (depending on file format).

In container file formats this is done in metadata, not content, sections - your document content is not touched (try office documents with digital signatures - the signature will remain valid, because it validates the content areas of the file format, not metadata). In some file formats it will add comments in a way that does not affect the content (as above).

That is all this is, SharePoint on-premise will do exactly the same thing, and it is a documented SharePoint feature for at least a decade - see e.g. http://weblogs.asp.n...11/22/267846.aspx

Relevant bit bolded.

The SharePoint/OneDrive for business thing is confusing branding, to be sure.
     MS OneDrive/Sharepoint modifies Cloud files. - (Another Scott) - (2)
         Though this concerns me not, it leads to Fun.. of a sort - (Ashton)
         The sky is not falling. - (pwhysall)

Let Us Now Braise Famous Men, those who in their salad days.. imagined that they were of the Caesar variety.
34 ms