IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Is college worth it?
1. The kid should drink way less coffee or do one fewer lines of coke before recording a video.

2. I believe in the economic and non-economic value of a liberal arts education back in the day (mine).

3. As a member of the academy, I believe in the economic value (mine) of a liberal arts education (theirs) today.

4. The calculus between my experience and their experience has changed a lot. A lot of kids have to think job skills first.

5. There was a link to a commercial for ITT Tech at the end of the video, one of the worst edsploitation purveyors out there. That sucked.
New some degrees are worth more than others
a liberal arts education like yours indicates that you are educated. I would much prefer to hire someone with a music major to an IT position than a grad from a trade school specializing in IT.
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
     Is college worth it? - (drook) - (8)
         Re: Is college worth it? - (gcareaga) - (1)
             some degrees are worth more than others - (boxley)
         I knew I recognized him from somewhere... - (Another Scott)
         The Atlantic took a look at this a few years ago - (dmcarls) - (4)
             Maybe - (drook) - (3)
                 Being in a lower quintile w/o college is no option. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                     Exactly. Correlation is not causation -NT - (drook) - (1)
                         Further confounded by.. Language itself! - (Ashton)

Obeying the Three Laws of Thermodynamics since 2001.
60 ms