IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Think he got married to have kids?</sarcasm>
(CNN) – A team of scientists has concluded that a controversial scrap of papyrus that purportedly quotes Jesus referring to "my wife," is not a fake, according to the Harvard Theological Review.

"A wide range of scientific testing indicates that a papyrus fragment containing the words, 'Jesus said to them, my wife' is an ancient document, dating between the sixth to ninth centuries CE," Harvard Divinity School said in a statement.

Scientists tested the papyrus and the carbon ink, and analyzed the handwriting and grammar, according to Harvard.

Radiocarbon tests conducted at Harvard and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology produced an origination date for the papyrus of 659-859 CE, according to Harvard. MIT also studied the chemical composition of the papyrus and patterns of oxidation.

Other scholars studied the carbon character of the ink and found that it matched samples of papyri from the first to eight century CE, according to Harvard.

"None of the testing has produced any evidence that the fragment is a modern fabrication or forgery," the divinity school said.

http://religion.blog...a-fake/?hpt=hp_t2

Edit: Thought I better add the </sarcasm> for clarity.
Expand Edited by mmoffitt April 11, 2014, 10:14:26 AM EDT
New Wrong forum. Meant to be in Religion.
New Same thing... isn't it?
Religion vs Regional/World Conflict, that is.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." --Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
New :-)
New Oh of course
Because something written at least SIX HUNDRED YEARS LATER is indisputable.
--

Drew
New I find it humorous...
That Carbon dating and other forms of artifact dating used by Scientific Community is 10,000% okay to use to CONFIRM some Holy/Christian artifact... but to confirm something else that *CLEARLY* contradicts some other closely held Christian artifact/belief age... it is faulty science and can't be trusted.

What ever.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." --Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
New I think that snippet refers to the
old lady stays home while I partay doctrine espoused by most monotheistic religions
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
     Think he got married to have kids?</sarcasm> - (mmoffitt) - (6)
         Wrong forum. Meant to be in Religion. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
             Same thing... isn't it? - (folkert) - (1)
                 :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
         Oh of course - (drook) - (1)
             I find it humorous... - (folkert)
         I think that snippet refers to the - (boxley)

Oh, freddled gruntbuggly! Thy micturations are unto me!
204 ms