IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Didn't say there wasn't a lot of work to be done
I think the best thing might be to spin off the remote pieces as separate municipalities and contract the city to its essentials.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New What do you think would be the next step?
Say we do that - Detroit is now much smaller, and it's surrounded by a number of satellite municipalities. Trouble is, these new municipalities have got nuffink. No jobs, but that's OK, because there's nearly no people, too.

What do?
New Mass transit
There's no way to get in and out of the city via light rail, a necessity that every other major city has. Fix that and more people will be willing to work and live downtown.

After that it's a slow climb back up, but without the debilitating blight sapping money and will.
Regards,
-scott
New Mass transit
There's no way to get in and out of the city via light rail, a necessity that every other major city has. Fix that and more people will be willing to work and live downtown.

After that it's a slow climb back up, but without the debilitating blight sapping money and will.
Regards,
-scott
New Concur.. it just makes Sense. But would require a rarity--
an ability to look beyond the next local-$$-crisis/think beyond the Murican Standard of next-quarter's numbers
ie both prescience and -yes- faith in the decision and in its Goodness (as well as in its Correctness.)

'We' don't do much of that even sorta-well and lots of such decisions, simply appallingly. I wot.
(I blame Ronnie for the intentional/Ideologue-bias--here, too.) It's also the cemented-in-POV mindset of current Lunatics-in-ascension.

:-/
     Detroit post-mortem ... via Guardian - (Ashton) - (11)
         I work with a number of people who would disagree... - (malraux) - (10)
             What would you do... - (pwhysall) - (3)
                 Disneyland MidWest? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                     Re: Disneyland MidWest? - (hnick)
                     Set for "The Running Man" -NT - (drook)
             What a back-handed compliment - (drook) - (5)
                 Didn't say there wasn't a lot of work to be done - (malraux) - (4)
                     What do you think would be the next step? - (pwhysall) - (3)
                         Mass transit - (malraux) - (1)
                         Mass transit - (malraux) - (1)
                             Concur.. it just makes Sense. But would require a rarity-- - (Ashton)

No, not really.
97 ms