IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New back in formation
I'm glad to find my wingman A_S flying alongside after we diverged on the NSA mission. Not a lot of time to develop my arguments here (I'm dealing with geriatric issues today) apart from repeating that yes, we are granted only constrained choices under the domestic duopoly, and that both major parties are corporate stooges. Nevertheless, one of these parties consists of craven opportunists and timeservers and the other, largely, of knuckle-dragging fuckwits in brown shirts, and that the lesser of two evils is the choice to go for because it is less evil. Finally, the revolution ain't coming, and if it ever does, I promise you that whatever form it might take, and even if you are on the barricades cheering in the thrilling early days, you will come to regret the thing quite bitterly before it plays out in ashes.

cordially,
New :-) Thanks. Good luck with the oldsters.
New Yes, the pattern will repeat.
Upon victory, the radical revolutionary factions will be at each others throats, then the knuckle dragging brown shirts will finish off the survivors and take over, establishing something a little worse than what was overthrown - in the name of the revolution.

Expand Edited by Andrew Grygus March 15, 2014, 12:17:55 PM EDT
New Meet the new boss - same as the old boss...
     I could have written this Driftglass piece. - (Another Scott) - (23)
         Sheesh... I'm a 'young people'? - (hnick) - (22)
             Vote for the best candidate in the primary. - (Another Scott) - (20)
                 Re: Vote for the best candidate in the primary. - (hnick) - (19)
                     These arguments are as old as humanity. - (Another Scott) - (14)
                         The election process has been hijacked. - (hnick) - (13)
                             There's always a choice. - (Another Scott) - (12)
                                 Oh good... - (hnick) - (5)
                                     We're talking past each other. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                         We're agreed on people choosing is better. - (hnick) - (1)
                                             Even if one accepts all that... - (Another Scott)
                                         Concur on all points you raised in this thread - (Ashton)
                                     What's the (workable) alternative? - (drook)
                                 Er, ... - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                     How many shooting wars would you like to be in? - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                         Heh. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                             Hmm... - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                 How bad did the loss of Lehman hurt? - (mmoffitt)
                                     With McCain, you do not get a feckless foreign policy! - (a6l6e6x)
                     back in formation - (rcareaga) - (3)
                         :-) Thanks. Good luck with the oldsters. -NT - (Another Scott)
                         Yes, the pattern will repeat. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                             Meet the new boss - same as the old boss... -NT - (Another Scott)
             Well said. -NT - (mmoffitt)

Dorian Gray would show wear and tear in this job.
91 ms