IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Soup Stock.
I wrote this page to be a reference link from my recipe pages. Some of this is material I've not seen elsewhere at all.

http://www.clovegard...s/goo_stock1.html

New Neat. "Deep Bowl" section - image link is broken.
New Dang! how'd I miss that - fixed - thanks.
New Re: Soup Stock storage
When I make an excess, I usually freeze it in ice cube molds, put it in a zip lock freezer bag, and use it a few cubes at a time until it is gone. Seems to work well.
New Yes, that
--

Drew
New Yes but . . .
. . as I explained, in the quantities and varieties involved, cubes provide storage that is not sufficiently dense, especially in an already crowded freezer compartment.

I also need a large flat area in the freezer compartment because when I freeze fish, meat, shrimp, chicken or whatever, I spread it out in a single layer so it freezes fast with minimum ice crystal damage - and stays in separate pieces for easy deployment to recipes.
New I've got a big upright downstairs ... no space issues
And my in-laws across the street have a big chest freezer downstairs. They call it the "four body size".
--

Drew
New Typo
"depending. the" capital

Re: gout ... Details? Is it the bone broth that does it?
--

Drew
Expand Edited by drook Feb. 21, 2014, 08:28:16 AM EST
New Probably just all of it in excess.
Careful testing during a recovery period pined it on chicken, but further refinement would have involved excessive pain.
New Just did some looking
Usual culprits are: dried beans and peas, organ meats, anchovies, herring, asparagus and mushrooms*

Were you including a lot of beans, asparagus or mushrooms in your soup? Otherwise, even including the gizzards I wouldn't think would cause it.

* Teh Wiki says the veggie links to gout have recently been disproved.
--

Drew
New No.
Soup contained strong chicken stock, chicken leg meat, onion, carrot, celery, probably some hot chili and mint.

During my testing I tested beans, pork, beef, fish, beer and a few other things. No effect from any of them, but immediate effect from chicken.
New Content free "bullet".
In the "Storage Problem, Solution:" section.
Alex

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”

-- Isaac Asimov
New Thanks. It was a missing / in a /li.
As usual, the antique version of Firefox I work with corrected it in rendering.
New Re: Soup Stock.
One of the ways my wife makes chicken stock is to pressure cook the chicken bone remains after the meat has been mostly cut off. The pressure cooker, of course, cooks at elevated temperatures and really gets the good stuff out.
Alex

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”

-- Isaac Asimov
     Soup Stock. - (Andrew Grygus) - (13)
         Neat. "Deep Bowl" section - image link is broken. -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Dang! how'd I miss that - fixed - thanks. -NT - (Andrew Grygus)
         Re: Soup Stock storage - (hnick) - (3)
             Yes, that -NT - (drook)
             Yes but . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 I've got a big upright downstairs ... no space issues - (drook)
         Typo - (drook) - (3)
             Probably just all of it in excess. - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                 Just did some looking - (drook) - (1)
                     No. - (Andrew Grygus)
         Content free "bullet". - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Thanks. It was a missing / in a /li. - (Andrew Grygus)
         Re: Soup Stock. - (a6l6e6x)

Menage a dodecahedron?
59 ms